Are you trying to break the ice with your colleague? Starting conversations with your colleagues can be difficult, especially when you are new on the job, the person in question is a new hire, or you are just trying to have a fun conversation. To help you start a conversation with whoever, we have curated a list of 20 hilarious (daring) icebreaker questions you can ask to help break the ice between you and your co-workers.
- Where do you get lunch from?
- Do they pay staff salaries on time?
- Do you work during the weekends?
- Who should I avoid in this office?
- Does HR organize small chops during birthdays?
- Do we have fellowship once in a while?
- If I open my food to eat, would someone beg?
- If I come late, would my salary be deducted?
- How often do people fight in this place?
- If I do not greet the boss, would I be queried?
- How many months’ salary are you owed?
- If this office should start burning now, how would you escape?
- If you could ask anything from our boss, what would it be?
- Must we wear suits every day of the week, or are we free from our colonial masters?
- Who annoys you the most here?
- Do you like Amala?
- What do you enjoy most about working here?
- Can I go home immediately after closing, or is there an unwritten rule saying I must wait a bit?
- Where do you live? (in case you want to carpool)
- Am I disturbing you?
- What is the worse job you've ever had?
- If you were the boss for a day, what would you change?
- What is the best compliment you've received from someone in the office?
- If trapped in a horror movie, who would be the first one to die from your team?
- All things considered, the worst advice you’ve followed and regretted?
Also, you can read 5 Questions with 3 Women Killing it in Tech.