VP Of Engineering
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Jetstream leverages technology to give African businesses more control over their global supply chains. They are building private sector digital port infrastructure which will enable Africa’s $1 trillion in global trade volume to flow smoothly, visibly, and at the lowest possible cost. Their technology platform includes digitized booking, cargo visibility, payments, and other critical workflow automation. They run end-to-end shipment operations in six countries, and 15 trade corridors around the world including Ghana, Nigeria, and South Africa.
About The Role
Jetstream is looking to hire a VP of Engineering, you will be the primary architect of Jetstream’s scalable cross-border logistics technology platform. You will lead engineering and technology-related decision-making, while also providing guidance and mentorship to more junior members of the team.
What Do you need to do to be considered successful?
You will be responsible for leading the team of developers and engineers, product managers while upholding the company policies and standards. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Lead the Jetstream engineering team in developing a highly scalable platform with microservices in Golang, Java, C/C++, and Python.
- Work cross-functionally with Head of Product and business teams to ensure integration and support to all business partners.
- Monitor, trend, and develop engineering metrics and statistical data for strategic planning.
- Lead programs to ensure project documentation is complete and accurate.
- Develop processes and standards to maintain these documentation systems.
- Develop comprehensive project plans and inform frequently on progress, risks, and schedules.
- Develop utilities that help with further automating our build, testing, deployment, and monitoring process.
- Identify and drive process and quality improvements across the team
- Recruit, build, and lead a team of engineers with a commitment to excellence and a passion for working on hard problems.
How Important are you to the bottom line?
As the VP of Engineering, you will be responsible for planning, directing, coordinating, and overseeing activities in the Engineering department, ensuring the implementation of efficient operations and cost-effective systems to meet the current and future needs of the company.
The biggest problem-solving duties on the Job
The Jetstream platform is developed on a scalable microservice-based architecture, and in conjunction with the product and business teams, you will lead end-to-end delivery of product components including development, testing, deployment, and monitoring.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- 10+ years of experience as a full-time developer in an agile software development setting;
- 5+ years of experience as a Senior Engineer, providing technical leadership in design and architecture, in addition to mentoring and overseeing the work of other engineers;
- Experience working with a Microservices architecture (developing, monitoring, debugging);
- Experience with Cloud services such as AWS, Google Cloud or Azure;
- Proven track record in developing server applications and RESTful services;
- Proven track record of collaborative development with Git;
- Expert knowledge of one or more of the popular systems development languages;
- Knowledge about both SQL and NoSQL databases such as PostgreSQL and MongoDB; and
- Bachelor of Science or Engineering in a technical engineering discipline.
- Experience or study in logistics or supply chain
- Experience building enterprise logistics or enterprise fintech platforms
What do you stand to gain?
- Competitive base salary and bonus
- Equity opportunity
- Private health insurance
- Remote work options
Your application has been successfully submitted.