This job is no longer accepting applications.
Most people don’t buy made in Nigeria products for several reasons, top of it being low quality, poor finishing and they are expensive. Especially furniture and manufactured products. This is why Teillo exists. Taeillo is a direct-to-consumer (D2C) furniture brand producing high-quality furniture with raw material sourced from Nigeria.
Taeillo is utilizing e-commerce, social commerce and immersive technology (AR/VR) to offer customer-centric furniture designs, allowing customers to sample superior African products from the comfort of their homes and choose the furniture that meets their unique taste.
Taeillo’s goal is to help every African in urban and peri-urban cities buy furniture conveniently from the comfort of their homes by offering premium furniture and lifestyle pieces.
About the Role
Taeillo is looking to hire a Country Manager for Nigeria to grow operations, marketing and help make the Taeillo brand a household name as it expands across Africa. As a member of the Senior leadership at Taeillo, this is a huge opportunity for growth and you will be working with one of the most dynamic and fast-moving companies in Africa!
What do you need to be considered successful?
As the Country Manager, you will lead their passionate and highly engaged team based in Nigeria and speed up the organization’s growth to make sure they can increase production, build an efficient supply chain and grow revenue significantly in the next 12-18 months. You will be responsible for the following:
- Define and reach business goals, mainly focused on business growth, profitability, and customer experience.
- Lead key departments e.g. Productions, Sales, Customer Acquisition, Operations and Marketing.
- Develop and maintain budgets and timely financial projections with the finance team
- Coach, mentor, and guide the leadership team in Nigeria.
- Manage a fast-growing team through a leadership style that values humility, empathy, growth, and most importantly is aligned to our culture and values.
- Build trust and respect with our employees, in order to have a positive influence and consultative approach to decision-making processes.
How Important are you to the bottom line?
You will be responsible for achieving an ambitious revenue target, executing on strategy and overseeing successful execution on performance metrics, leading business growth, managing people at multiple levels while maintaining the vibrant and innovative culture of Taeillo.
The Biggest Problem Solving Duties On the Job
You will optimize production/operations to achieve revenue targets, ensure that all aspects of a business within the country operate smoothly
What do you need to have done in your career?
- +5 years in business management experience in operations, consulting, strategy, technology, business development, or a similar area
- Strong managerial experience growing and empowering a team
- Entrepreneurial mindset with proven experience starting and growing projects or enterprises
- A data-driven decision-making mindset and solid analytical skills with advanced experience in Excel is an added advantage.
- Creativity and passion for building a company that provides a beautiful product
- Firm understanding of how to maintain a high-performance culture
What do you stand to gain?
- Scale with a rapidly growing startup, with tons of opportunity for growth and impact
- Contribute to their mission and work at their dynamic and fast-paced company in Africa
- A supportive team environment with mentorship from Taeillo leadership
Your application has been successfully submitted.