This job is no longer accepting applications.
Jetstream leverages technology to give African businesses more control over their global supply chains. They are building private sector digital port infrastructure which will enable Africa’s $1 trillion in global trade volume to flow smoothly, visibly and at the lowest possible cost. Their technology platform includes digitized booking, cargo visibility, payments, and other critical workflow automation. They run end-to-end shipment operations in six countries, and 15 trade corridors worldwide including Ghana, Nigeria and South Africa.
About The Role
Jetstream is looking to hire a DevOps Engineer who has a solid background in software engineering. You will play an important role in the cloud strategy of Jetstream, from creating and implementing systems software to analyzing data to improve existing ones.
What Do you need to do to be considered successful?
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be a part of the technology team developing the Jetstream platform over the cloud. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Automate procedures and operations to build, deploy and troubleshoot infrastructure.
- Proactively monitor and automate anomaly detection
- Develop innovative tools to constantly and proactively maintain secure, cost-efficient and high-performance systems
- Document procedures and systems
- Implement and develop test cases to verify infrastructure code changes
- Participate in on-call routines for incident response
- Improve security as an ongoing responsibility
How Important are you to the bottom line?
The Jetstream platform is developed on a scalable microservice-based architecture, and as the infrastructure/DevOps engineer, you will work very closely with the rest of their engineering team to ensure the end-to-end state, security and health of the Jetstream production infrastructure.
The Biggest Problem Solving Duties On the Job
As the DevOps Engineer, you will work based on infrastructure as Code, DRY and TDD concepts and also develop homemade, innovative solutions to automate procedures and achieve robust immutable infrastructure.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- 3 years of experience with public cloud providers; 1 year of experience specifically with AWS
- Familiarity with a scripting language such as Python, Ruby or Go
- Experience with Linux systems
- Familiarity with cloud-native services and applications
- Knowledge of different types of transactional and NoSQL databases
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code and provisioning tools such as CloudFormation and Terraform
- Familiarity with container technologies and container orchestration systems such as Kubernetes
- Knowledge of high availability and disaster recovery
- Demonstrated ability to self-direct, prioritize competing tasks and foresee upcoming needs
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration (CI) and delivery (CD) systems, 1 year of experience specifically with Jenkins
- Certificates in AWS or Azure
- Knowledge of security and compliance standards
- Participation in open-source repositories
What do you stand to gain?
- Competitive base salary and bonus
- Private health insurance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.