Head of People & Culture
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Most people don’t buy made in Nigeria products for several reasons, top of it being low quality, poor finishing and they are expensive. Especially furniture and manufactured products. This is why Teillo exists. Taeillo is a direct-to-consumer (D2C) furniture brand producing high-quality furniture with raw material sourced from Nigeria.
Taeillo is utilizing e-commerce, social commerce and immersive technology (AR/VR) to offer customer-centric furniture designs, allowing customers to sample superior African products from the comfort of their homes and choose the furniture that meets their unique taste.
Taeillo’s goal is to help every African in urban and peri-urban cities buy furniture conveniently from the comfort of their homes by offering premium furniture and lifestyle pieces.
About the Role
Taeillo is looking to hire a Head of People & Culture to drive people and process transformation. Initiative, ownership, data-driven decision-making, and leadership development will be key differentiators in both the selection process and the successful execution of the roles and responsibilities of this key position.
What do you need to be considered successful?
As the Head of People & Culture, you will develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, and procedures across the organization. You will be responsible for the following:
- Organizational development- identify training needs and coordinate activities for all levels of employees.
- Monitor and report on relevant HR metrics.
- Provide guidance to team/unit leads on policy interpretation, employee performance coaching and improvement plans. Conduct investigations, discipline guidance and terminations.
- Develop and implement process and tools that foster open communication and employee satisfaction.
- Work with all levels of staff and understand all human resource needs within administrative/corporate level to Factory staff
- Administration of benefit programs, personal leave programs, PTO and safety.
- Create and manage employee engagement and retention initiatives.
- Analyse wage and salary reports and data to determine competitive compensation plans.
How Important are you to the bottom line?
You will be responsible for driving a progressive, proactive, positive culture, and increase levels of engagement, freedom, enablement, and retentions among all employees
The Biggest Problem Solving Duties On the Job
You will effectively identify, investigate, and resolve employee relations issues, resolve complex labour and human capital challenges.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- 5-7years of HR experience, preferably within a manufacturing/factory environment.
- Demonstrated progression in HR role(s).
- Strong knowledge of labour laws
- Maintain and adhere to employee and company confidentiality. High ethics, integrity and judgement.
- Strong communication skills, ability to coach and influence employees at all levels; build trusted relationships.
- Research best HR practices, analyze information/data and make recommendations.
- Proficiency and knowledge of HRIS tool/software.
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- PHRi/SPHR and/or other certification is desired and will be a plus.
What do you stand to gain?
- Scale with a rapidly growing startup, with tons of opportunity for growth and impact
- Contribute to their mission and work at their dynamic and fast-paced company in Africa
- A supportive team environment with mentorship from Taeillo leadership
Your application has been successfully submitted.