Supply Chain Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Lifestores is democratizing access to primary healthcare in Nigeria and other frontier markets by transforming the role and effectiveness of pharmacies. Pharmacies are the most visited space in healthcare in frontier markets like Nigeria; however, they are constrained by challenges around fake medicines, poor data collection, and limited holistic care services. Lifestores has developed a pharmaceutical marketplace called OGApharmacy to help pharmacies, hospitals, and clinics manage their inventory more efficiently, enjoy group purchase discounts, access loans, and better serve their patients. Lifestores also owns a mass-market network of pharmacies. The company is led by a combination of pharmacists and professionals with experience in general management, consulting, and technology. They are supported by an international network of investors and advisors.
About The Role
Lifestores is looking to hire a Supply Chain Manager who is analytical, team-oriented, and experienced in community pharmacy procurement. You would lead all aspects of procurement for Lifestores’ own stores, including defining a procurement strategy that ensures that the right products arrive at the right time, quality and price.
What Do you need to do to be considered successful?
You will oversee ordering, receiving, storing, and dispatching products, as well as negotiating with vendors, fulfilling special orders, conducting pricing surveys, assessing vendor performance, managing logistics, leveraging the IT system, identifying ways to reduce costs, and analyzing categories that are well-positioned to drive sales. You will also be responsible for:
- Interact collaboratively with the store teams to identify product gaps in the stores & ensure the right product mix for each store.
- You will be expected to manage all aspects of procurement for OGA pharmacy and Lifestores Pharmacy, including setting the strategic direction for the department
- You should be comfortable with change, as you would be entering the company at an exciting phase of development based on customer feedback and rapid growth.
- Have a hands-on approach since initially you would be mostly carrying out the above activities yourself vs. delegating to others.
- Be comfortable building and coaching a team. In addition, you would be working closely with other leadership team members.
- Developing procurement processes; identifying new product categories and vendors; negotiating costs and other procurement terms with suppliers.
- Ensuring full availability of stock at company-owned stores and OGA pharmacy affiliate pharmacy.
- managing non-inventory procurement; fulfilling special orders; carrying out pricing surveys and assessing vendor performance.
- Overseeing product storage and logistics; coaching other procurement team members.
- Collaborating closely with other store management team members
How Important are you to the bottom line?
You will determine how well lifestores is able to democratize healthcare by ensuring that they are constantly equipped with drugs to meet customer demands. You will oversee the procurement process and provide strategic direction per time.
The Biggest Problem Solving Duties On the Job
You will have the exciting challenge of building the supply chain function into a well-oiled engine that is able to respond to market demands. You will define and execute strategies that ensure that lifestores optimizes cost in the procurement process and is able to maintain a productive relationship with vendors.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- Direct experience procuring for at least 2 stores at a time and developing SOPs for procurement processes.
- Experience negotiating prices & payment terms with vendors and working with them on deliveries.
- Strong knowledge of which products drive sales in the retail pharma space and be proficient in the use of MS Excel and Google Sheets.
- Leveraging the IT system; gathering relevant information and using it to drive decision-making.
- Candidates familiar with the health sector are encouraged to apply.
What Do you stand to Gain?
- Competitive compensation.
- Pension contributions
- Access to regular training.
- Opportunities to work with and learn directly from world-class operators, including top pharmacists and leaders with backgrounds at Harvard and Stanford Business Schools.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
A Healthier You