People Operations Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
One name is commonplace in the Investment space in Africa and that's Bamboo. Bamboo has simplified access to US stocks through their platform. They help you discover global companies, you can fund your balance to invest and track your portfolio performance.
About The Role
Bamboo is looking to hire a People Operations Manager who is passionate about building a high-performing, diverse organization and fostering an inclusive culture. The ideal candidate will possess an entrepreneurial spirit, driven to build a world-class remote organization, featuring innovative, forward-thinking policies and programs to keep all employees - regardless of location - engaged, happy, and productive.
What do you need to do to be considered successful?
You'll report to the Chief Operations Officer, and be a champion for building a high-performance culture, organizational processes, and practices that help the company attract, hire and retain world-class talents regardless of geography. You will act as an advocate of change and support business leaders in designing the right people processes around hiring, compensation, performance management, and employee experience.
You will be responsible for the following:
- HR/People: Provide general support to employees on all People related questions through a variety of support channels. Assist with the nuts & bolts of helping things run smoothly from an HR/compliance standpoint. Be the point person for benefit/perks administration. Help write company policies and ensure adoption. Assist with new employee preparation & onboarding.
- HR Process Improvement: Develop and maintain HR policies, processes, and procedures; Track key HR metrics and generate reports for leadership; updating current processes as necessary and disseminating to the team as appropriate
- Culture: As a rapidly growing and remote-friendly organization, building a strong culture is one of the most important priorities for the leadership team. You'll be an integral part of building & championing that culture - reinforcing values, planning activities, and partnering with the Chief Operations Officer to help keep Bamboo a welcoming, encouraging, fun environment for all employees.
- Hiring: You will develop hiring strategies, processes and implement them within the organization to ensure Bamboo is able to attract top talents from all over the world. You will define what “Great” looks like at Bamboo.
- Performance Management: You will be in charge of creating a world-class performance management system that helps us reward and recognize the best employees
- Employee Experience: You will design processes to continuously make Bamboo a great place to work. You will implement the Employee satisfaction index; Employee net promoter score (eNPS)
How important are you to the bottom line?
You will be the Head Coach of the Bamboo Team. You will be in charge of making sure the company attracts, hires, and retains the right people resources to achieve immediate and long-term strategies while providing coaching, the right resources, and encouragement to keep them motivated.
The biggest problem-solving duties on the job
You will have the responsibility of building a global people practice and thinking about hiring across geographies, managing contracts, regulatory labor issues across multiple countries, compensation that’s fair and equitable across different teams and countries, and building a culture that keeps everyone happy and performing at the top level.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- Previous People and Culture experience (5+ years) working in a global/ high-growth organization with an understanding of global HR processes and service delivery is essential.
- A minimum of two to three years of direct managerial experience, preferably managing employees in multiple locations
- General knowledge and understanding of employment legislation and compliance requirements, HR policies, and best practices across multiple countries
- Strong Communicator: Well-developed written and verbal communications skills with the ability to relate effectively with a wide range of people, positively influencing outcomes and obtaining cooperation.
- Demonstrated ability to actively network and establish working relationships internally and externally.
- Solid track record in design and implementation of talent management strategies that have meaningfully impacted the individual and organization experience; previous experience in coaching employees/managers through complex, difficult issues and creating effective working partnerships with senior leaders.
- Previous HR project management experience, including demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with different stakeholder sets.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (both verbal and written) skills, ability to present and facilitate effectively, and stellar emotional intelligence with a specific focus on self-moderation, cultivating relationships, and empathy.
- Collaborative Business Partner: Ability to understand business strategy, work across business units and support managers and manage working relationships at all levels of the company.
- Proficiency and knowledge of HRIS tool/software.
What do you stand to gain?
- Scale with a rapidly growing startup, with tons of opportunity for growth and impact
- Contribute to their mission and work at their dynamic and fast-paced company in Africa
- Work with fantastic teammates and learn a lot from each other
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Buy and sell hundreds of U.S. stocks