This job is no longer accepting applications.
Benshi.ai is building solutions that provide access to equitable healthcare through personalization. Their solution is to democratize behavioral machine learning and experimentation to make proper medical diagnoses in a bid to reduce health inequalities for low and middle-income countries. In a simple sentence, they are ensuring access to healthcare gets to those who need it most through their machine learning platform.
About the Role
They are looking to hire a Data Engineer to join their engineering team. An ideal candidate should have a strong software developer background and is knowledgeable about building scalable and robust architecture, tools, data products, and critical data pipelines that are optimized for data science applications.
What do you need to be considered successful?
You will have the rare opportunity of building resilient and scalable machine learning products from scratch, together with other talented engineers, to boost global health via cutting-edge ML algorithms. You will also be responsible for:
- Develop and automate large-scale, high-performance, scalable platforms (batch and/or streaming) to drive faster analytics and support the operations of the machine learning models in production.
- Working with data scientists to create and improve data science workflows, i.e. machine learning lifecycle management
- Design large-scale, complex applications and frameworks with excellent run-time characteristics such as low latency, fault tolerance, and availability.
- Partner with analytic consumers and data scientists to build and improve new/existing coinstructs and solve data engineering problems at scale.
How important are you to the bottom line?
You will drive equitable access to healthcare by optimizing analytics on platforms. You’ll also be responsible for designing and implementing real-time data streaming architecture.
The biggest problem-solving duties on the job
You will have the daunting challenge of maintaining the data infrastructure in a healthy and highly available state. You will be building robust and scalable data systems that support benshi’s machine learning platform.
What do you need to have done In your career?
- BSc/BEng degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or related fields; or equivalent technical proficiency
- Solid coding skills in at least two of the following languages; Go, Java, Scala, C/C++, Python
- 6+ years of experience in software and/or data engineering
- 3+ years of Spark development
- 3+ years of experience in Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, etc...)
- Experience on Kubernetes, Docker preferred
- Experience with cloud services (GCP, AWS, or Azure)
- Good knowledge of data formats (Parquet, ORC, etc) and consensus management systems
- Deploy inclusive data quality checks to ensure high quality of data
- Experience building early-stage, robust and scalable products
- Attention to detail and effective verbal/written communication skills
- Teamwork is essential
What do you stand to gain?
- Hybrid work
- work with a diverse team
- An opportunity to democratize health care for low-income countries
Your application has been successfully submitted.
AI For Equitable healthcare