This job is no longer accepting applications.
Casava is a licensed insurtech startup building the future of insurance. They are using technology and finance to improve the quality of life for minimum wages earners, by providing world-class affordable and accessible insurance. Casava is the first and only insurance company in Nigeria providing an undeniably essential service — Employment Insurance. A much-needed safety net for millions of workers who are at risk of losing their most essential asset — their income.
About The Role
Casava is looking to hire an Operations Manager/HR who will manage the key aspects of human relations, including org chart planning, recruiting, performance management & reviews, promotions, team engagement, training, career planning, and staff exits. An ideal candidate should be analytical, data-driven, collaborative, friendly, well organized, and self-motivated.
What do you need to be considered successful?
As the Operations Manager, you will be working closely with other leadership team members to ensure the smooth running of Casava. You will be responsible for the following:
- Lead HR projects like compensation plans revisions
- Implement functional HRMS and internal databases across all departments and locations
- Oversee our payroll and performance evaluation systems
- Design company policies and procedures
- Review and update our employment contracts and agreements
- Prepare budgets by department
- Track key HR metrics like cost per hire and retention rates
- Manage internal communication projects (like job satisfaction surveys)
- Measure the effectiveness of our benefits programs and recommend improvements
- Coordinate employee training and development initiatives
- Ensure our recordkeeping and data processing procedures comply with GDPR requirements
How important are you to the bottom line?
You will lead all aspects of people operations at Casava, and ensure the development and implementation of goal-based initiatives that will drive the company towards growth. You will also be responsible for finding and retaining remarkable talents for the Casava workforce.
The biggest problem-solving duties on the job
You will be faced with the challenge of recognizing outdated processes and hence, developing a more productive process that improves the employees’ experience.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- Work experience as a Head of HR Operations or similar role
- Experience with Human Resources Information Systems including payroll tools
- Experience in designing compensation and benefits programs
- Good knowledge of labour legislation
- Leadership abilities
- BSc in Human Resources Management; MSc is a plus
What Do you stand to Gain?
- A nearly unlimited room for career growth with support along the way
- The exciting opportunity to be part of building something extraordinary
- Competitive Salary
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Insurance Made Simple