This job is no longer accepting applications.
Casava is a licensed insurtech startup building the future of insurance. They are using technology and finance to improve the quality of life for minimum wages earners, by providing world-class affordable and accessible insurance. Casava is the first and only insurance company in Nigeria providing an undeniably essential service — Employment Insurance. A much-needed safety net for millions of workers who are at risk of losing their most essential asset — their income.
About The Role
Casava is looking to hire a Software Engineer who will manage the entire software development lifecycle - to analyse the needs, and then design, test and develop software in order to meet those needs. You will also manage the support systems required to effectively run their organisation.
What do you need to be considered successful?
You will work alongside the software development team, on projects that are being developed at Casava. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Develop high-quality software design and architecture
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Review and debug code
- Perform validation and verification testing
- Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to fix and improve products
- Document development phases and monitor systems
- Ensure software is up-to-date with the latest technologies
How Important are you to the bottom line?
You will also be responsible for developing and directing software system validation and testing methods, as well as directing the software programming initiatives to produce and implement functional software solutions.
Biggest problem-solving duties on the job
This role will require you to communicate effectively and translate the needs of different teams into systems developments.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- Proven experience as a Senior Software Engineer
- Extensive experience in software development, scripting and project management
- Experience using system monitoring tools (e.g. New Relic) and automated testing frameworks
- Knowledge of selected programming languages (e.g. Python, C++) and the Java/J2EE platform
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB)
- Familiarity with various operating systems (Linux, Mac OS, Windows)
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- BSc/BA in Computer Science or a related degree
What Do you stand to Gain?
- A nearly unlimited room for career growth with support along the way
- The exciting opportunity to be part of building something extraordinary
- Competitive Salary
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Insurance Made Simple