Android Mobile Developer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Casava is a licensed insurtech startup building the future of insurance. They are using technology and finance to improve the quality of life for minimum wages earners, by providing world-class affordable and accessible insurance. Casava is the first and only insurance company in Nigeria providing an undeniably essential service — Employment Insurance. A much-needed safety net for millions of workers who are at risk of losing their most essential asset — their income.
About The Role
Casava is looking to hire an Android Developer whose primary focus will be the development of android applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be working alongside other engineers and developers on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products are essential.
What do you need to be considered successful?
You will be responsible for developing and maintaining applications aimed at a vast number of diverse Android devices. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Improve the stability of the app by ensuring that unit tests are robust, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Implement various business requirements and improve app features to deliver customer satisfaction.
- Own functionality and scalability feature by taking responsibility from inception to deployment.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
How important are you to the bottom line?
You will work closely with their team of talented engineers to design and build apps. And also monitor customer’s feedback. Subsequently, you will be required to create app updates.
The biggest problem-solving duties on the Job
You will be tasked with designing and developing advanced applications for their Android platform. You should also be familiar with Java, Coroutines, Room, RxJava, Jenkins, using Agile Methodology, Scrum, Jira and others.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
- Familiarity with continuous integration
What Do you stand to Gain?
- A nearly unlimited room for career growth with support along the way
- The exciting opportunity to be part of building something extraordinary
- Competitive Salary
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Insurance Made Simple