This job is no longer accepting applications.
SmartOps is a service-first company that builds software designed to make maintenance easier for technicians and managers everywhere. Employees are driven to make the best product possible. As a company, we strive to make the best experience for maintenance technicians possible.
About The Role
SmartOps is looking to hire an Engineering Manager, you will be the primary architect of SmartOps scalable facility and property management technology platform. You will lead engineering and technology-related decision-making, while also providing guidance and mentorship to more junior members of the team.
What Do you need to do to be considered successful?
You will be responsible for leading the team of developers and engineers, product managers while upholding the company policies and standards. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Lead the SmartOps engineering team in developing a highly scalable platform with Asp.net, Angular, Node.Js.
- Work cross-functionally with Head of Product and business teams to ensure integration and support to all business partners.
- Define the architecture, development stack, technical roadmap and technology framework of SmartOps in collaboration with SmartOps Product Managers.
- Recruit, manage and mentor a top-class development team
- Create a high performance, innovative, collaborative, continuous learning and iterative technology culture
- Part of the executive leadership team: Identify technology-related opportunities and risks for delivering the company’s services including technology.
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
- Manage relationships with partners/vendors & government stakeholders
- Set goals for performance and growth
- Oversee technology budgets to make sure there are no unnecessary expenditures
- Develop and direct safeguards to reduce the risk of outside breaches, fraud and compliance
- Evaluate new technology and make recommendations on technological solutions
- Make presentations to the board of directors and CEO
- Identify competitive advantages and technological trends for the benefit of the company
How Important are you to the bottom line?
As the Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for planning, directing, coordinating, and overseeing activities in the Engineering department, ensuring the implementation of efficient operations and cost-effective systems to meet the current and future needs of the company.
The biggest problem-solving duties on the Job
The SmartOps platform is developed on a scalable microservice-based architecture, and in conjunction with the product and business teams, you will lead end-to-end delivery of product components including development, testing, deployment, and monitoring.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- 10+ years of experience as a full-time developer in an agile software development setting;
- 5+ years of experience as a Senior Engineer, providing technical leadership in design and architecture, in addition to mentoring and overseeing the work of other engineers;
- Experience working with a Microservices architecture (developing, monitoring, debugging);
- Experience with Cloud services such as AWS, Google Cloud or Azure;
- Proven track record in developing server applications and RESTful services;
- Proven track record of collaborative development with Git;
- Expert knowledge of one or more of the popular systems development languages;
- Knowledge about both SQL and NoSQL databases such as PostgreSQL and MongoDB; and
- Bachelor of Science or Engineering in a technical engineering discipline.
- Experience or study in logistics or supply chain
- Experience building enterprise logistics or enterprise Fintech platforms
What do you stand to gain?
- Competitive base salary and bonus
- Equity opportunity
- Private health insurance
- Remote work options
Your application has been successfully submitted.