This job is no longer accepting applications.
Shara is building the operating system for accessing African retailers. They have developed a digital platform designed to help send receipts and invoices on SMS or WhatsApp, track who owes money, send free reminders and statements to clients. The company's platform sends free scheduled reminders, customized professional statements, and provides a free and secure wallet, enabling clients to organize and grow their businesses in a systematic manner.
About The Role
Shara is looking to hire an Account Manager who will take charge of the day-to-day operations in the accounting department. You will ensure the timely and accurate delivery of financial statements and reporting. You will ultimately drive team performance and get the most out of individual contributors.
What Do you need to do to be considered successful?
To be successful in this role, you should be analytical, detail-oriented, and honest. You should possess excellent leadership and interpersonal skills as well as a strong understanding of accounting and management principles and financial legislation. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Oversee the daily activities of the accounting department and ensure that all major projects, month-end, and year-end reports are completed accurately and on time.
- Evaluate and establish proper accounting methods, policies and principles, that w increase accuracy and efficiency.
- Ensure that all accounting processes align with GAAP and current financial legislation.
- Analyze financial data and create reports for management, stakeholders, and external parties.
- Align with other departments as they develop strategies, establish objectives, and make decisions that could have a financial impact on the business.
- Keeping informed about the latest developments in the finance industry.
- Coordinate and complete annual audits.
- Provide financial recommendations based on the available reports.
- Ensure that Shara meets her financial accounting objectives
How Important are you to the bottom line?
As the Accounting Manager, you will be responsible for analyzing, recording, tracking and auditing financial information for Shara. You will generally have several direct reports and work to allocate tasks evenly across the team.
The biggest problem-solving duties on the Job
You will develop and implement a working financial system that will collect, analyze, verify and report information. You will also provide useful information that will help Shara maximize her resources.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- Trained Accountant or CPA with 7+ years of experience
- Experienced working with international organizations managing Transfer Pricing and intercompany transfers
- Experience in GAAP & IFRS
- Experience with an accounting of companies in the Financial Sector – preferably financial technology companies
- Have a decent understanding of HR in Nigeria
- Understand financial compliance and corporate governance in Nigeria
- Have experience negotiating complex tax and accounting issues with regulators
- Understands compliance with Central Bank requirements for financial products
- Understands local accounting and tax implications
- Have experience creating financial systems and setting up financial controls
- Experience with MiFos is a strong plus
What Do you stand to Gain?
- A nearly unlimited room for career growth with support along the way
- The exciting opportunity to be part of building something extraordinary
- Competitive Salary
Your application has been successfully submitted.