Community Team Lead
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Shara is building the operating system for accessing African retailers. They have developed a digital platform designed to help send receipts and invoices on SMS or WhatsApp, track who owes money, send free reminders and statements to clients. The company's platform sends free scheduled reminders, customized professional statements, and provides a free and secure wallet, enabling clients to organize and grow their businesses in a systematic manner.
About The Role
Shara is looking to hire a Community Team Lead who will help manage interaction with their audience. You will manage communications in both directions. You will be involved in various activities such as communications, Public relations, social media, events, and content creation. You should be able to build systems and products that encourage users to engage in the Shara ecosystem for tools beyond finance
What do you need to be considered successful?
You should be able to act as the face and voice of the brand and manage all community communications. You should be a ‘people person with great customer service skills and the ability to moderate online and offline conversations with the community. You will also be responsible for:
- Set and implement social media and communication campaigns to align with marketing strategies
- Provide engaging text, image and video content for social media accounts
- Respond to comments and customer queries in a timely manner
- Monitor and report on feedback and online reviews
- Organize and participate in events to build community and boost brand awareness
- Coordinate with Marketing, PR and Communications teams to ensure brand consistency
- Liaise with Development and Sales departments to stay updated on new products and features
- Build relationships with customers, potential customers, industry professionals and journalists
How Important Are you to the bottom-line
You will be responsible for producing and publishing engaging and relevant content for the business that we increase customer engagement and retention. Continuing the drumbeat to grow community members, with bigger targets in the pipeline.
Biggest Problem-Solving duties on The Job
You will ensure that all aspects of our interactions with their community are aligned with the wider communications strategy and business values. You will ensure content and communications align to the business master brand/tone of voice and are delivered within agreed budgets and timeframes.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- 5+ years experience in online community management and a deep understanding of in-app engagements, profiles, channels, etc for digital platforms that have scaled across emerging markets
- Previous experience in working for start-ups that scaled across emerging markets
- Experience in identifying, validating, and optimizing new acquisition channels including paid marketing (FB, Google etc), content marketing, viral loops, SEM/SEO, affiliate and influencer marketing
- Experience in digital support services, advocacy, retention, and up-sells for 100k+ customers
- Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset
- Have a bias towards user experience and making sure they have a consistent, enjoyable, and logical experience of the Shara community
- Willing and able to address escalated client issues with speed and urgency.
What Do you stand to Gain?
- A nearly unlimited room for career growth with support along the way
- The exciting opportunity to be part of building something extraordinary
- Competitive Salary
Your application has been successfully submitted.