This job is no longer accepting applications.
Who We Are And What We Do...
CareerBuddy exists to help highly engaged and driven professionals navigate their careers. That involves helping them find their next great opportunity, supporting them with resources, access to networks, and content that help them transform their careers. We act as personal matchmakers between professionals looking for their next opportunity. COnnecting them to founders and hiring managers at high-growth startups across Africa.
We work every day to make hiring and changing jobs easier for companies and individuals in Africa
How we work
Our team is small, high functioning, excellence-driven, and distributed. The most important thing for us is to deliver exceptional, high-quality work at all times. We don’t have an office so to speak, you can do your work from anywhere as long as your work is done. We give direct, open feedback to help you and the team collectively perform better. We don’t have time for politics or seniority. We are obsessed with personal growth. And we like to have fun doing what we like.
We are looking for a Community Manager to help build and grow our community. We have a job board along with our search business. You will own this job board and community. You will have total ownership over what strategies, objectives, and programs to implement. We are looking for someone passionate about helping individuals move up in their careers. You are a great storyteller and know how to use social media and email to build and grow a community.
What are the big challenges you would likely tackle:
- Growing the community from 30,000 members in 6 months
- Build a weekly newsletter that professionals in Africa are crazy about.
- Publish groundbreaking contents and guides in the area of Hiring, Careers, Work, Personal Growth
What will you be responsible for?
- Community Building: Engaging and building a strong community. Identifying pain points and building value propositions that help improve the lives of members of our community.
- Marketing: Develop our voice, messaging, and how we tell our story, such as newsletters, blogs, social media, press releases, etc You will run an engaging weekly newsletter for career women.
- Social Media: Produce and publish engaging and relevant content across social media - Twitter, LinkedIn
- Growth: Track and report on all important growth metrics to help us define and improve on how we serve our community. Implement tactics and strategies to grow members of our community.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into CareerBuddy, meet the team and people you will have long-term working relationships with.
- Get a fundamental understanding of the goals, processes, and how we work.
- Independently start to study and learn how job boards operate the platform and channels you will need to grow
In the first month, expect to:
- Define a sustainable growth model with specific short term and long term goals
- Start to execute on projects with measured results.
- Achieve 1000 new user sign-ups in our newsletter
- Achieve 40% open rate in newsletter published
- Learn to drive growth initiatives in a variety of areas, including SEO, SEM, landing page conversion optimization, viral loops, etc.
- Define specific products and value offerings for our community
In the first three months, expect to:
- Start implementing aggressive growth tactics to increase our reach within the Nigerian market.
- Launch the very first webinar for professional women in our community.
- Grow the number of newsletter signups and active users to 15,000 in the first 3 months.
- Publish comprehensive 4 comprehensive guides for members in our community per month.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Publish strong, authoritative high impact guides for Career growth, Work-Life, and professional growth for our users
- Continue to rapidly ideate, prioritize, and execute new ideas and growth strategies.
- Start executing commercial/ monetization strategies and generate first revenue from the community
In the first year, expect to:
- Grow the number of daily active users on our website.
- Grow the number of people who interact with us across different channels.
- Make us the first career platform for companies looking to hire women across Africa
What should you have to be able to do this job?
- 1-2 years of professional experience with a strong analytical background and the ability to translate analysis into action.
- You have marketing/ sales, social media, content writing experience
- You have started something - a business, NGO, project etc. Doesn’t matter if it failed or succeeded
- Motivation to rapidly learn new skills and develop your expertise in areas related to how to scale a rapidly growing company.
- Ability to identify and track relevant community KPIs
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and presentations skills
What do you stand to gain
- Opportunity to build the largest career platform in Africa
- Work as part of a high performing team shaping hiring across Africa
- Compensation that scales with achieving defined goals
- Opportunity to work from anywhere in the world
Your application has been successfully submitted.