This job is no longer accepting applications.
Shara is building the operating system for accessing African retailers. They have developed a digital platform designed to help send receipts and invoices on SMS or WhatsApp, track who owes money, send free reminders and statements to clients. The company's platform sends free scheduled reminders, customized professional statements, and provides a free and secure wallet, enabling clients to organize and grow their businesses in a systematic manner.
About The Role
Shara is looking to hire an Engineering Lead who will lead their team of engineers. You will be accountable for the technical implementation and delivery of all assigned projects. You will also maintain constant communication with the CTO and ensure that your team follows the company engineering process.
What do you need to be considered successful?
To be successful as a technical lead, you should always expand your industry knowledge and quickly identify problems. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Ensure Technical Excellence and Innovation
- Develop the system architecture and Integration
- Tech Mentoring, Adoption and Alignment
- Carry out technical spikes and experiments
- Design platform direction, patterns and practices
- Review codes on assigned projects and give feedbacks
- System SLAs, Metrics & Monitoring
- Assess the systems architecture currently in place and working with technical staff to recommend solutions to improve it.
- Ensure Shara’s processes are maintained across the board from development to security
- Ensure that Agile rituals are held and deliver on their goals
- Participate in the recruitment process
How important are you to the bottom line
You will partner with CTO in the development of a comprehensive Architecture Strategy and Technology Roadmap.
Biggest problem-solving duties on the job
You will lead the implementation of the architecture, information security, cybersecurity and data privacy and protection strategy.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- 7+ years of experience building large-scale distributed systems and applications, including design, development, (distributed) architectures, networking, security, and performance tuning.
- Practical experience with software architecture and the ability to engage with an engineering team to help build and scale the existing infrastructure.
- 5+ years of prior technology leadership experience as a VP Engineering, Engineering Manager, or Senior Software Engineer
- You have excellent leadership, team building (built teams of 30+ engineers), and management skills
- Experience in communicating transparently and effectively with partners and investors, sharing technology strategy, and using stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology.
- You have an entrepreneurial streak, with tangible examples of opportunity recognized and captured along with your glorious failures. You have seen it, lived it, and learned from it.
- You have deep experience in data engineering, experience in data science
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, or related field
What Do you stand to Gain?
- A nearly unlimited room for career growth with support along the way
- The exciting opportunity to be part of building something extraordinary
- Competitive Salary
Your application has been successfully submitted.