Financial Operations Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Shara is building the operating system for accessing African retailers. They have developed a digital platform designed to help send receipts and invoices on SMS or WhatsApp, track who owes money, send free reminders and statements to clients. The company's platform sends free scheduled reminders, customized professional statements, and provides a free and secure wallet, enabling clients to organize and grow their businesses in a systematic manner.
About The Role
Shara is looking to hire a Financial Operations Manager who will help them build a team that sets out the global company’s framework for accounting, credit, and risk. You have experience setting up accounting systems for financial companies that operate across multiple emerging markets.
What do you need to be considered successful?
You will lead a team of financial executives toward the achievement of preset goals. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Approve third party payments through accurate reconciliation of financial records.
- Oversee the generation and analysis of monthly financial reports for the project
- Act as the main point of contact for addressing any inquiries and questions related to financial operations.
- Participate in recruitment activities as well as initiate the performance development training programs.
- Manage account payables and receivables activities.
- Supervise the daily operational tasks of the credit and collections team.
- Develop financial goals and objectives for the team.
- Conduct finance audit periodically and recommend improvements.
- Develop financial policies and procedures for operational efficiency.
- Develop and maintain financial statements for future reference.
- Assist Senior Managers in financial management and reporting activities.
- Ensure that financial operational activities are executed and delivered as per the standards set by the company.
- Develop operational initiatives to achieve financial goals.
- Monitor and manage expenses within the established budget.
How Important are you to the bottom-line?
You will have the overall responsibility of overseeing and managing Shara’s essential systems for financial monitoring and reporting. You will ensure smooth operations of projects, satisfactory provision of effective financial management services, and strong oversight for internal control systems
Biggest problem-solving duties on the job
You must possess the ability to provide technical support and training in finance and accounting systems to staff. And have the sound problem-solving ability and the capacity to exercise good judgment in making financial decisions and maintaining confidentiality.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- 7+ years of experience in Financial Operations
- Trained Certified Public Accountant with experience working in US organizations operating in multiple emerging markets
- You have a passion for setting up accounting systems and financial controls in complex organizations
- You understand KYC and AML policies and how to implement them across an organization
- You have a deep understanding of the payments industry and the market for unsecured credit
- You like to think through the optimal structures for flowing funds across jurisdictions
- You've got a desire to work with financial data to make and influence business decisions
- You want to lead the thinking through the regulatory and compliance strategy for Shara's financial products in each jurisdiction
- Experience with MiFos is a strong plus
- Sound understanding of HR requirements in the US and Emerging Markets is also a plus
What Do you stand to Gain?
- A nearly unlimited room for career growth with support along the way
- The exciting opportunity to be part of building something extraordinary
- Competitive Salary
Your application has been successfully submitted.