IT Manager (Application Development)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Our client is looking to hire an IT Manager(Application Development) who will lead all aspects of application development to support the company’s growth strategy. As an IT Manager, you must ensure maximum uptime and stability in the company’s systems and networks.
What do you need to be considered successful?
The IT Manager is responsible for planning the application development future for the organization, as well as the implementation and maintenance of current systems. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Lead and manage a team of senior to intern software developers. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organisation’s policies and applicable laws, including technical recruitments, appraisals, 121 meetings, identifying training needs, motivating and performance management of the team
- Effectively manage technology infrastructure, application development, and sustain quality
- Responsible for all company applications, including customer-facing and internal software.
- Facilitate technology and methodology decision making throughout the team, including standardisation of system architecture, reusable code base development, versions of software tools, best practice, source control and deployment processes
- Lead the application development department in supporting the long-term strategic plan for the company such as team growth, and revenue generation
- Lead intricate aspects of company strategy planning, budget preparation, IT architecture, and ensure adequate visibility by all stakeholders during project lifecycles
- Manage all relationships within the application development team for timely and efficient project management, solution delivery, and efficient business operations
- Ensure data is integrated from various back-end services and databases and oversee that code is well designed, testable, and efficient by using best software development practices.
- Identify, recommend and implement new/emerging technologies and services that will improve efficiency, processes, and operations; review requests for additional services and upgrades, assessing the costs and benefits to the organisation and potential implementation processes.
- Ensure the integrity and reliability of computerized information systems, communication systems, and office systems including the security of data acquired and stored as well as the ongoing systems support and system maintenance.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with key business stakeholders to identify, prioritize and drive improvements in the company’s technology capability
- Other duties as assigned.
How Important are you to the bottom-line?
You will be responsible for coordinating, planning, and leading computer-related activities in their organization. You will help determine their IT needs and be responsible for implementing computer systems to fulfil the organization's information systems requirements.
Biggest problem-solving duties on the job
This role requires conscientious management of the product and engineering teams to focus on building the functionalities required, and the administration of their customer-facing and internal solutions while ensuring quality, accuracy, and timely execution.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- Minimum of 12 years of related experience, to include at least 5 years in an IT/technology management role
- Extensive software and technology implementation and management experience required. React(Web, ReactNative), Java(Springboot), AWS, DevOps, SQL(PostgresSQL,MySQL), NoSQL(MongoDB), BigData, Machine Learning, Microservice Architecture, Application monitoring and building scalable applications
- Experience within a product management function required
- Experience in leading inter-organisation changes to increase efficiency by the implementation of technology.
- Experience with defining and implementing modern software development practices such as Agile/Scrum, CI/CD, and test automation.
- Experience with the full lifecycle of vendor management, including vendor selection, contract negotiation, service level definition and management.
- Experience managing technology infrastructure performance and operations, both on-premise and on the cloud.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written with the ability to communicate with all employee levels.
- Excellent stakeholder management and negotiating skills.
- Intrinsically self-motivated and passionate about the mission of Sabi
- Results-orientated and pragmatic with exceptional quantitative and analytical abilities
- Equipped with exceptional attention to detail and is naturally inquisitive
- Driven, independent thinker and leader who can multitask and stay organised within a dynamic working environment
- Displays a high level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of diplomacy
- A focus on execution. Willing and able to get hands dirty
- Flexibility to roll up your sleeves and attack problems and projects as they arise, where you will need to set out a clear structure, method and outcomes yourself
- Be personable and approachable, with an enthusiastic and motivational nature and an overall passion for Technology
What Do you stand to Gain?
- A nearly unlimited room for career growth with support along the way
- The exciting opportunity to be part of building something extraordinary
- Competitive Salary
Your application has been successfully submitted.