Financial Product Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Shara is building the operating system for accessing African retailers. They have developed a digital platform designed to help send receipts and invoices on SMS or WhatsApp, track who owes money, send free reminders and statements to clients. The company's platform sends free scheduled reminders, customized professional statements, and provides a free and secure wallet, enabling clients to organize and grow their businesses in a systematic manner.
About The Role
Shara is looking to hire a Financial Product Manager who will help develop strategies to sell their financial products. This involves planning and assisting in the development, marketing and distribution of the product. As the product manager, you will also have to provide a clear plan for their product, outlining goals as well as potential risks, challenges and opportunities.
What do you need to be considered successful?
You will be expected to take ownership of a wide range of projects from payments systems to user identity management while leading engineers, designers, and data scientists to achieve their collective goals. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Lead the ideation and technical development of financial products to support their platform of apps
- Translate platform strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes
- Work closely with engineering teams to build and iterate their financial services
- Work closely with payment partners to integrate their services effectively and securely.
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products and backend services
- Launch products on a regular sprint cycle
- Understand customer needs and gather product requirements
- Identify market opportunities and define product vision and strategy
- Develop new products and enhance existing products
- Design products to align with financial strategy and stakeholder requirements
How Important are you to the bottom-line?
Ownership of this role directly affects the quality of financial solutions Shara provides and the overall growth of their apps. You’re also pivotal to the running of the development team as your mastery of the role determines their level of efficiency.
The biggest problem-solving duties on the Job
You also have to be able to seamlessly weave between cross-functional teams in order to build and grow a wide range of financial products with insights into community and SME behaviour that reduces the risk of default and poor performance.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- Have a deep curiosity about how humans interact with financial products and technology
- Understanding of behavioural economics & finance
- Want to spend time hanging out in marketplaces seeing how people in informal markets interact with money and technology
- Have an understanding of statistics and experimental methods to test new financial products
- Experience as an engineer, product manager, or designer is a plus
- Have a deep understanding of the implications of financial products on the company’s unit economics
- Ability to focus on the minute detail (i.e. how does a button’s color and shape affect repayment rates) and the big picture (what is the right tenor and facility cost)
- Have a deep understanding of the financial lives and cash flows of SME’s and consumers in emerging markets
- Experience in product research and synthesizing data
- Make decisions with imperfect information, tests then iterates
- Experience leading small to medium-size teams (3+ direct reports)
What Do you stand to Gain?
- A nearly unlimited room for career growth with support along the way
- The exciting opportunity to be part of building something extraordinary
- Competitive Salary
Your application has been successfully submitted.