Fraud Prevention Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Shara is building the operating system for accessing African retailers. They have developed a digital platform designed to help send receipts and invoices on SMS or WhatsApp, track who owes money, send free reminders and statements to clients. The company's platform sends free scheduled reminders, customized professional statements, and provides a free and secure wallet, enabling clients to organize and grow their businesses in a systematic manner.
About The Role
Shara is looking to hire a Fraud Prevention Manager who will manage all facets of fraud detection and prevention. You will also be responsible for developing and maintaining the company’s wide risk-based audit plan. You will build and lead the overall direction and leadership of the fraud and risk management team at Shara.
What do you need to be considered successful?
- Manage the operations of the fraud investigations department
- Develop policies and procedures to prevent fraud activities and recover any incurred losses
- Identify the weakness of the current control process and recommend enhancement
- Collaborate investigation with appropriate business partners and local, state and federal authorities
- May give input into developing budgets
How Important are you to the bottom-line?
You will be in charge of designing fraud prevention plans, and guiding/educating the management and staff on compliance matters. You will have the ultimate responsibility of keeping the company from running into potentially fraudulent activities that could put the company at risk.
Biggest problem-solving duties on the job
This role focuses on three areas of Risk/Compliance: Fraud Risk and Risk Management, Compliance and Internal Controls, and Transaction Monitoring.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- Experience in developing strategies and execution for fraud prevention, detection, and investigation for SME credit products and different methods of payment transactions aimed at reducing fraud losses in emerging markets.
- Experience in conducting Fraud Modeling exercises and design new use cases of potential frauds.
- Past experience in building the capabilities to scale for analysis of high-risk transactions within a business portfolio.
- Identify system enhancements to prevent fraudulent activities, and work with stakeholders for implementation.
- Able to define & fine-tune fraud detection systems used in processing credit facilities and payments.
- Analyze fraud trends and institute appropriate proactive actions to control fraud losses taking into consideration risk versus customer service.
- AML/CFT Champion for the Credit and Payments Teams responsible for customer onboarding and ongoing review of high-risk customers.
- Working with various stakeholders to ensure full compliance of all regulatory requirements, such as AML/CFT, Policies etc.
- Assist various stakeholders to escalate matters to Business Compliance and Operational Risk Management for guidance.
- Bachelor's degree in business, computer science, management information systems or other related fields.
- Preferably 6 years of relevant risk or business analytics experience.
- Strong understanding of the payment technology industry.
- Demonstrated aptitude to think creatively to identify new ways to approach common risk and data security problems.
- Strong risk management principles, methodologies, and tools, governance principles preferably in a financial services technology environment.
What Do you stand to Gain?
- A nearly unlimited room for career growth with support along the way
- The exciting opportunity to be part of building something extraordinary
- Competitive Salary
Your application has been successfully submitted.