Growth Team Lead
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Shara is building the operating system for accessing African retailers. They have developed a digital platform designed to help send receipts and invoices on SMS or WhatsApp, track who owes money, send free reminders and statements to clients. The company's platform sends free scheduled reminders, customized professional statements, and provides a free and secure wallet, enabling clients to organize and grow their businesses in a systematic manner.
About The Role
Shara is looking to hire a Growth Team Lead who will be responsible for building growth product experiences and plans in order to grow their business. You'll be in charge of the strategy, roadmap, and execution of key growth product initiatives and digital acquisition and growth for the company.
What do you need to be considered successful?
To be able to define the company’s growth plan, you need to make sure the right data infrastructure is in place. You be responsible for the following:
- Lead team to create and implement strategic marketing initiatives (short-term & long-term) across various marketing functions including performance marketing, events, social media marketing, product marketing and partnerships
- Define and execute growth marketing strategy, rigorously monitor results, and scale successful marketing programs
- Own all lead generation efforts (SEO, SEA, Display Advertising, etc), email marketing and website conversion optimization efforts
- Works cross-functionally with the customer support, engineering, business development and finance teams on customer behaviour analytics, implementing possible improvements on their products, executing marketing plans to ensure designated business goals are met and planning the team’s quarterly marketing budget respectively.
- Select photography, artwork, designs, and other visual elements for layout
- Coordinate multiple projects simultaneously to produce quality content and meet team’s deadlines
- Present creative concepts and finished projects to Head of Growth and/or Social media and community manager for reviews
How important are you to the bottom-line?
As the Growth Team Lead, your job has three core components: first, to define the company’s growth plan, second, to coordinate and execute growth programs, and third, to optimize the revenue funnel. You will also define and create the systems to capture important data to inform the decisions of customers and partners.
The Biggest Problem Solving Duties On the Job
You will ensure the delivery of Shara products commercial goals through digital awareness, adoption, usage and GTM strategies (includes competitive strategy). As the Growth Team Lead, you must master statistical reasoning, understand how to design effective experiments, and develop a quantitative intuition for interpreting user experience data.
What do you need to have done In your career?
- Data-driven, out-of-the-box thinker and growth leader with experience in scaling FinTech and social products leveraging digital strategies for tech startups.
- Experience in customer acquisition (+100k), user experience, all marketing channels, product marketing, and overall management of customer growth.
- 5+ years of work experience in general management in high-growth environments, GTM development, and/or strategy and operations at a technology company.
- Insight-driven storyteller, able to confidently and concisely articulate market insights, growth goals, and progress against those goals.
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to develop talent, build strong cross-functional relationships and work collaboratively.
- Validated results in growth strategy implementation, strategic planning, and sophisticated financial analysis.
- Experience in building methods and processes to enable the discovery of merchants’ latent product needs.
- Self-starter who leans in and can multitask in fast-paced and often ambiguous environments.
- Strong, data-centric analytical skills.
- Excellent (and clever) written and verbal communication skills.
- A love of working in fast-paced environments.
What Do you stand to Gain?
- A nearly unlimited room for career growth with support along the way
- The exciting opportunity to be part of building something extraordinary
- Competitive Salary
Your application has been successfully submitted.