Head of Financial Markets
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Shara is building the operating system for accessing African retailers. They have developed a digital platform designed to help send receipts and invoices on SMS or WhatsApp, track who owes money, send free reminders and statements to clients. The company's platform sends free scheduled reminders, customized professional statements, and provides a free and secure wallet, enabling clients to organize and grow their businesses in a systematic manner.
About The Role
Shara is looking to hire a Head of Financial Markets who will help develop the strategy and structure of their capital stack. You will be responsible for refining and executing their funding strategy. You will manage the ecosystem of Shara’s funding and banking partners to deliver securitizations and other financing vehicles, often working through new ideas and deal structures to secure the best economics for the company.
What do you need to be considered successful?
To be successful in this role, you must possess strong analytical and organizational skills, and experience working in the financial services industry. You will be responsible for the following:
- Structure, analyze and execute on securitizations, and other funding outlets to facilitate the company’s rapid growth
- Manage the relationships with the company’s many funding and deal partners including investment banks, investors, rating agencies, lawyers and auditors
- Collaborate internally with product, finance, credit and operations teams to provide a capital markets perspective into the FP&A and business strategy processes
- Prepare board and executive-level presentations to guide business strategy decisions and reporting
- Manage the processes and technology infrastructure in place to support the capital markets function
How important are you to the bottom-line?
As the Head of Financial Markets, you will partner internally with the finance, data, operations, legal, and risk teams to provide a markets/funding perspective on revenue forecasting, product strategy and operational requirements.
The Biggest Problem Solving Duties On the Job
You will ensure that Shara always has the capital to meet the demands for Financial Products of their merchants, and structure the flows of capital to Shara's subsidiaries in emerging markets.
What do you need to have done In your career?
- Raised $100+ mln debt or quasi debt financing facilities
- 7+ years of experience in finance, investment banking, private equity, or in-house at FinTech. Ideally has FinTech or tech experience
- Knowledgeable about financial products including future flow agreements, warehouse facilities and other financial instruments
- History of arranging complex financial instruments
- Creative in thinking through financial instruments for the long term health of a company
- Able to think through and conceptualize long term financial strategy for an organization
- Have deep relationships with capital providers, been there/done that with them on raising facilities
- Understands the complexity of moving money in emerging markets and has an understanding of FX, hedging and implications
- Ability to think through international flow of funds structures
- Have experience working with regulators of financial products in the US and emerging markets
- Great financial modelling skills
- Good understanding of accounting
What Do you stand to Gain?
- A nearly unlimited room for career growth with support along the way
- The exciting opportunity to be part of building something extraordinary
- Competitive Salary
Your application has been successfully submitted.