This job is no longer accepting applications.
Shara is building the operating system for accessing African retailers. They have developed a digital platform designed to help send receipts and invoices on SMS or WhatsApp, track who owes money, send free reminders and statements to clients. The company's platform sends free scheduled reminders, customized professional statements, and provides a free and secure wallet, enabling clients to organize and grow their businesses in a systematic manner.
About The Role
Shara is looking to hire a Software Engineer who will manage the entire software development lifecycle - to analyse the needs, and then design, test and develop software in order to meet those needs. You will also manage the support systems required to effectively run their organisation.
What do you need to be considered successful?
You will work alongside the software development team, on projects that are being developed at Shara. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Develop high-quality software design and architecture
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Review and debug code
- Perform validation and verification testing
- Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to fix and improve products
- Document development phases and monitor systems
- Ensure software is up-to-date with the latest technologies
How Important are you to the bottom-line?
You will also be responsible for developing and directing software system validation and testing methods, as well as directing the software programming initiatives to produce and implement functional software solutions.
Biggest problem-solving duties on the job
Establish, communicate, and implement engineering and development policies, practices, standards, and security measures to ensure effective and consistent operations.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- Experience designing and implementing high-volume, low-latency, distributed transaction processing systems to the highest standards for security and compliance
- Has been part of a payments team that has implemented card, bank, or mobile money API's at scale, and can show a demonstrable understanding of the nuances involved in supporting them
- Strong understanding of technical architecture and performance
- Understands that the correct answer to "Microservice or monolith is 'it depends?' "
- Experience building multiple high-traffic Express API's deployed in production
- Experience doing the above in AdonisJS is a plus
- Strong ability to take a problem, break it down into its component pieces and solve the problem
- Curiosity and versatility. You do not identify as "I only do XYZ job" and are ready, willing, and even eager to try new things and try your hand at different parts of the tech stack.
- Experience working on front-end, back-end, mobile, and DevOps is a plus
- Excellent collaboration, communication and teamwork skills
- Respectful in all interactions - internally and externally
- Smart, good to work with, and gets things done
- Critical thinker, who is highly self-directed and brings a sense of ownership to everything they do
- Back-end: ExpressJS (Redis for caching and message queuing)
- Web: React
- Mobile: React Native
- IVR, USSD, SMS: Using telephony and messaging API's like Africa's Talking, Twilio, etc
What Do you stand to Gain?
- A nearly unlimited room for career growth with support along the way
- The exciting opportunity to be part of building something extraordinary
- Competitive Salary
Your application has been successfully submitted.