This job is no longer accepting applications.
Shara is building the operating system for accessing African retailers. They have developed a digital platform designed to help send receipts and invoices on SMS or WhatsApp, track who owes money, send free reminders and statements to clients. The company's platform sends free scheduled reminders, customized professional statements, and provides a free and secure wallet, enabling clients to organize and grow their businesses in a systematic manner.
About The Role
Shara is looking to hire a Program Manager who will be responsible for organizing programs and activities in their company. You will take charge of the design, coordination and improvement of their internal and external programs. You will work across a range of industries to deliver programs that align with Shara’s strategic vision.
What do you need to be considered successful?
As the programs manager, you will supervise and organize activities and ensure that project goals align with the company’s objectives. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Expand program offering and enhance the quality of existing programs
- Develop and implement strategy for the program team, including developing a robust risk mitigation plan
- Understand how different projects interlink and overlap
- Work with the HR team to manage staff and resources for programs
- Liaise with the marketing and communications team to increase awareness of programs
- Manage budgets and report on fund allocation
- Participate in tender and grant application process including design, submission and review
- Develop an evaluation method to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement
- Report on program performance to executive team and directors
- Identify opportunities for continual improvement
- Develop industry partnerships
- Ensure goals are met in areas including customer satisfaction, safety, quality, and team member performance
How Important are you to the bottom-line?
You will plan, execute, track, communicate and manage end to end product/program lifecycle to ensure the desired customer and business value is delivered.
Biggest problem-solving duties on the job
Ensure measurable KPIs are developed for the program and align with the overall KPIs for the product.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- 5+ years experience in organizing and leading planning activities resulting in the creation of a release/program roadmap working closely with the COO and CTO
- 5+ years experience in defining launch strategy for new product capabilities including geographic scope and rollouts, detailed timing, ramp and analytics plan
- Experience in maintaining awareness of cross-product/program synergies and actively communicating opportunities to simplify or better align work across teams.
- Successful track record of managing complex development programs to deliver technical solutions and achieve business results, positively impacting the customer experience
- Proven ability to develop effective, matrixed, cross-organization relationships, collaborating and communicating across business and technology teams and multiple geographies in emerging markets
- Strong technical acumen and strong voice of the customer across the program delivery agile lifecycle
- Proven experience in managing teams to establish inter-dependencies, identify risks and resource constraints, and eliminate significant roadblocks in a timely fashion.
- Strong problem-solving skills, able to prioritize among many conflicting needs, advocate a course of action, and pursue it consistently
What Do you stand to Gain?
- A nearly unlimited room for career growth with support along the way
- The exciting opportunity to be part of building something extraordinary
- Competitive Salary
Your application has been successfully submitted.