This job is no longer accepting applications.
Shara is building the operating system for accessing African retailers. They have developed a digital platform designed to help send receipts and invoices on SMS or WhatsApp, track who owes money, send free reminders and statements to clients. The company's platform sends free scheduled reminders, customized professional statements, and provides a free and secure wallet, enabling clients to organize and grow their businesses in a systematic manner.
About The Role
Shara is looking to hire a Product Designer who will focus on delivering high-quality user experiences across Shara mobile (iOS and Android) and web applications driven by customer behavioral insights.
What do you need to be considered successful?
You will be pivotal to defining product specifications and designing fully functional products. To be successful in this role, you should have an eye for color and shape and be able to translate requirements into practical product features.
You will also be responsible for:
- Leading and delivering end-to-end product design projects
- Setting user experience vision and working collaboratively with our product, engineering and business teams
- Supporting the implementation of your designs by collaborating closely with engineers as they build and release
- Driving high-quality solutions without sacrificing speed.
- Gathering and evaluating user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Preparing and presenting rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identifying and troubleshooting UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
How Important are you to the bottom line?
You will be responsible for delivering the best online user experience, which makes your role extremely important for their success and ensuring customer satisfaction and retention.
The biggest problem-solving duties on the Job
You’ll create both functional and appealing features that address their clients’ needs and help grow their customer base. You will design ideas using various methods and the latest technology.
What do you need to have done In your career?
- 5+ years experience in gathering and evaluating user requirements (UI/UX) in collaboration with product managers and engineers for FinTech and social products that have scaled (+50k) users in emerging markets
- Proven track record illustrating design ideas using storyboards, process flows, sitemaps, and designing graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs, and widgets
- Proven experience in developing UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how applications look/feel.
- Experience in developing and recruiting highly skilled and creative designers for FinTech and social products
- Experience in conducting comprehensive user research tests on designs, and incorporating adjustments based on user feedback
- Extensive knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g. Balsamiq, Wireframe. cc, and InVision)
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Figma and Adobe Suite
- Strong communication skills
What Do you stand to Gain?
- A nearly unlimited room for career growth with support along the way
- The exciting opportunity to be part of building something extraordinary
- Competitive Salary
Your application has been successfully submitted.