Team Lead, Development and Execution
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Our Client is Specialist Transaction and Investment Banking Office that predominantly provides Specialist Transaction Development Services.
They have 2 Business Groups:
1. Private Equity & Institutional Advisory Business Group
The Private Equity & Institutional Advisory (“PEIA”) business group is an extremely important business group as it bears the responsibility for creating exponential growth (through asset creation) for the group. The PEIA business group is divided into 2, the M&A business and the Institutional Advisory business. The M&A business line focuses on Real-Asset and Infrastructure-related Mergers, Acquisitions, Buyouts and Divestitures. Additionally, it focuses on, Structured, Corporate and Project Finance and also Stressed and Distressed Credit Investments. The Institutional Advisory Business-line focuses on Financial, Transaction and Corporate Advisory and Country Relations.
2. Tactical Opportunities & Major Projects
The Tactical Opportunities and Project Equities Group (“TacOpps”) is the business line that is more dynamic and responsible for identifying. The sub- business groups under the PSG include Infrastructure Development and Construction Projects, Oil Field Services Projects, Logistics and Supply Chain Management Projects, Commodities Marketing and Supply Transactions, Technology Solutions and Deployment Projects and Public projects
About the role
Our client is looking to hire a TL, Development & Execution who will act as the lead executive on transactions in the PEIA business group and will also be responsible for overseeing the development and execution of a Deal. The TL is supposed to be a technically and strategically savvy executive.
What do you need to be considered successful?
As the TL Execution, you will actively lead on transaction operations and correspondence management. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Manage and drive all aspects of deals within the PEIA business group on an end-to-end basis, therefore managing the transaction process from inception to closure.
- Manage the analysis, development, structuring and execution of deals within the PEIA group
- Majorly lead the institutional advisory business by leading on identifying and originating large advisory mandates
- Assume significant levels of responsibility for the various phases of projects, Transactions and Advisory Mandate Executions
- Provide an actively and daily hands-on management structure to ensure deals are progressing and advancing daily
- Provide decision-making support on advancing transactions through the organization’s risk assessment and development process
- Lead and manage the negotiation of transaction terms and term sheets and transaction-related agreements
- Actively follow-up with all key parties of transactions for advancement
- Manage and support the necessary due diligence, financial modelling, risk analysis and mitigation in the structuring of transactions, deals and financings
- Actively lead and manage the transaction, process flow, sequence and operations from NDA to deal close.
- Work closely with the associate to manage the process and preparation of due diligence packs for transactions, providing relevant informative analytics and background research for all appointed transactions.
- Recommend, advise and develop strategies for new transactions and new opportunities and leads
- Demonstrate deep market knowledge of investment banking, syndications, and M&A as well as apply this knowledge by generating beneficial ideas for clients, thinking strategically around capital formation, structured finance, co-financing, execution and marketing needs.
- Manage and support the building of complex financial/valuation models, financial analysis, debt structuring, and transaction analyses for the advancement, development and closure of transactions
- Ensure the accuracy of financial and technical analyses, valuation exercises, due diligence exercises, client presentations, information memoranda and all transaction materials and documents.
- Identify issues (quality of earnings, working capital considerations, debt and debt-like items) for purchase price reductions, deal restructuring, or deal termination
- Identify post-close steps to achieve anticipated earnings/cash flow improvements
How Important are you to the bottom-line?
Essentially, you will be the point-man for a deal, responsible for actively driving the deal to a close, leading the appointed transaction team, working closely and liaising with all transaction stakeholders to bring the deal to a close within as short a period of time as possible.
The biggest problem-solving duties on the Job
You will on a daily (physical or virtual) basis manage the progress of the transaction and in doing so proactively identify issues that may arise with transactions and work to find solutions and resolve them with all transaction stakeholders.
What do you need to have done In your career?
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, banking or economics
- Masters level qualifications in business management, project management, finance, economics or accounting
- Certification from a recognized institution
- Minimum of 12 years experience at the top-tier company in financial advisory and/or Investment banking with experience in Deal Syndication,
- Project finance, mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, investment strategy & development and corporate development
- Relevant experience in leading projects/transactions - able to identify, engage and work with different stakeholders across private and public sectors, such as institutional investors, regulators, banks and other intermediaries.
- Excellent relationship management, networking and partnership skills
- Strong transaction and financial analysis and strategy skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent diplomacy skills
- Excellent business modelling, planning
- Excellent capital raising skills
What Do you stand to Gain?
- A nearly unlimited room for career growth with support along the way
- The exciting opportunity to be part of building something extraordinary
- Competitive Salary
Your application has been successfully submitted.