This job is no longer accepting applications.
Chaka is a technology solutions company on a mission to enable every business and person in Africa to access borderless digital investment and wealth management opportunities. They provide first-class access to Equities and ETFs in 40+ countries from Apple, GT Bank, and 4,000+ more. Their team combines investment expertise and best-in-class technology to provide reliable digital Investing, trading and wealth management solutions that are easy-to-use and easy to integrate.
They're backed by some of the founders and early investors in Facebook, Spotify, Flutterwave, Andela, Paystack and more.
About the role
They are looking to hire a Financial Copywriter who is highly motivated and organized to manage their content marketing strategy and execution. The ideal candidate should specialize in writing engaging content that demonstrates their thought leadership in the financial markets and establishes a connection between the Chaka brand and investors and/or stock traders. You should have a firm grasp of grammar, punctuation, and error-free spelling (preferably conversant with AP-style writing).
What do you need to be considered successful?
You should have a relevant and up-to-date understanding of the industry’s trends and industry’s content trends. You will be responsible for the following:
- Develop, write, edit, or proof content that will inspire, engage and educate customers for a broad array of marketing initiatives and materials, including email campaigns, daily newsletters, market analysis articles and whitepapers.
- Communicate advanced and technical finance or investment concepts while still attempting to remain engaging and enticing to audiences.
- Tell compelling stories that drive action.
- Understand and address audience pain points (audience here being high-value investors, asset managers, and other financial institutions)
- Understand and convey product value in both long- and short-form types of content from email subject lines to high-converting website copy.
- Collaborate with designers to bring the written word to life for effective storytelling
How Important are you to the bottom-line?
You will be responsible for producing and publishing relevant contents for Chaka. You will take complex, technical concepts and explain them to beginners, but also write technically enough to inspire pros. You understand the value in SEO and know how to drive action with engaging fact-checked content.
The biggest problem-solving duties on the Job
The Chaka Marketing team is full of team players and action-takers. You should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with specific, strict deadlines, whilst collaborating with other key members on cross-functional teams.
What do you need to have done In your career?
- 2+ years professional experience in finance-related journalism, communications, or similar. Finance qualifications with copywriting experience are also considered.
- A good idea of the common text and visual formats that are often employed in financial writing
- Above-average understanding of SEO and email marketing
- Must-have skill: email marketing and high Mailchimp proficiency
- Preferably skilled in both acquisition and retention copywriting
- Freakishly good attention to detail
- Team player and all-round collaborator
- Out of the box thinking
- Makes quick, quality decisions
- Is calm in high-pressure, tight deadline situations
- Focused on outcomes, but establishes a process
What Do you stand to Gain?
- Strength, Stability, and Vision
- A collaborative team of creative thinkers to brainstorm with
- A culture that embraces your eccentricities and allows you to breathe
- A technology platform that is revolutionizing the African investing industry
- An empowered culture where your ideas are important and your voice matters
- Healthcare benefits and competitive leave days
Your application has been successfully submitted.