This job is no longer accepting applications.
Chaka is a technology solutions company on a mission to enable every business and person in Africa to access borderless digital investment and wealth management opportunities. They provide first-class access to Equities and ETFs in 40+ countries from Apple, GT Bank, and 4,000+ more. Their team combines investment expertise and best-in-class technology to provide reliable digital Investing, trading and wealth management solutions that are easy-to-use and easy to integrate.
They're backed by some of the founders and early investors in Facebook, Spotify, Flutterwave, Andela, Paystack and more.
About the role
They are looking to hire a Product Manager who will take charge of their product lifecycle. You will be responsible for managing the roadmap, pricing, packaging, and documentation of new product ideas.
What do you need to be considered successful?
You will be required to maintain good customer and market knowledge. You will be responsible for the following:
- Define the product strategy and roadmap
- Deliver MRDs and PRDs with prioritized features and corresponding justification
- Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities
- Run beta and pilot programs with early-stage products and samples
- Be an expert in the product knowledge and competition
- Manage the integration process with launch accounts to get in-depth delivery experience
- Suggest product enhancements to improve user experience
- Perform quality assurance controls on product
- Coordinate with the engineering department to deliver functional solutions
- Conduct research to identify customer needs and market gaps
- Prioritize the implementation of new features and set specific timelines
How Important are you to the bottom-line?
As the Product Manager, you will be responsible for product planning and product launch; includes managing the product throughout the product lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working with the engineering team to deliver winning products. It also includes working with sales, marketing and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
The biggest problem-solving duties on the Job
You will be responsible for Partnerships and Integrations. As the Partnership PM, you’ll be centrally positioned to build relationships with third parties and merchants to plan features and experiences that create impactful results for our partners and their users.
What do you need to have done In your career?
- 5yrs+ experience
- Programming language — strong Java programming background (preferably Java 8+)
- Frameworks — Spring Boot
- Microservices development — HTTP, REST API design and implementation
- Unit Testing, Integration testing and Automated testing.
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Deployment
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Comfortable to operate in an agile, dynamic environment
- Proficient with MSSQL
- Experience with cloud platforms like Azure and AWS.
- Strong understanding of Kubernetes
- Understanding of CI/CD, TDD and version control (git)
- Understanding of containers, horizontal scaling of services
- Superior analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude
- Ability to perform in a team environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interpret and follow technical plans
What Do you stand to Gain?
- Strength, Stability, and Vision
- A collaborative team of creative thinkers to brainstorm with
- A culture that embraces your eccentricities and allows you to breathe
- A technology platform that is revolutionizing the African investing industry
- An empowered culture where your ideas are important and your voice matters
- Healthcare benefits and competitive leave days
Your application has been successfully submitted.