This job is no longer accepting applications.
Chaka is a technology solutions company on a mission to enable every business and person in Africa to access borderless digital investment and wealth management opportunities. They provide first-class access to Equities and ETFs in 40+ countries from Apple, GT Bank, and 4,000+ more. Their team combines investment expertise and best-in-class technology to provide reliable digital Investing, trading and wealth management solutions that are easy-to-use and easy to integrate.
They're backed by some of the founders and early investors in Facebook, Spotify, Flutterwave, Andela, Paystack and more.
About the role
They are looking to hire a DevOps Engineer who is excited about the solution they are providing and has ideas on how to use software engineering to build functional systems that enable them to meet customer needs. If you’re hard-working, dedicated, and looking to grow fast, this is for you!
What do you need to be considered successful?
Success in this role will be measured on how quickly product updates are deployed, and how you are able to implement integrations that meet customer needs. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Identify and plan new features in development in conjunction with the Engineering Manager.
- Develop APIs, SDKs and frameworks to support backend functionality and fast deployment.
- Work closely with colleagues to constantly innovate solutions
- Write unit and UI tests to identify malfunctions
- Communicate with internal and external users to understand their needs and experiences
- Manage test and deployment pipelines
How Important are you to the bottom-line?
This is an outcome-based role and the bottom-line of your role is owning the process of building, testing and maintaining the infrastructure that allows for the speedy but efficient development and release of software.
The biggest problem-solving duties on the Job
You will act as a conduit between the Software engineering and quality assurance teams, ensuring that you are able to easily integrate both teams to ensure quick resolution of bugs and deployment of software.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- 5yrs+ experience
- Programming language — strong Java programming background (preferably Java 8+)
- Frameworks — Spring Boot
- Microservices development — HTTP, REST API design and implementation
- Unit Testing, Integration testing and Automated testing.
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Deployment
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Comfortable to operate in an agile, dynamic environment
- Proficient with MSSQL
- Experience with cloud platforms like Azure and AWS.
- Strong understanding of Kubernetes
- Understanding of CI/CD, TDD and version control (git)
- Understanding of containers, horizontal scaling of services
- Superior analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude
- Ability to perform in a team environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interpret and follow technical plans
What Do you stand to Gain?
- Strength, Stability, and Vision
- A collaborative team of creative thinkers to brainstorm with
- A culture that embraces your eccentricities and allows you to breathe
- A technology platform that is revolutionizing the African investing industry
- An empowered culture where your ideas are important and your voice matters
- Healthcare benefits and competitive leave days
Your application has been successfully submitted.