This job is no longer accepting applications.
Chaka is a technology solutions company on a mission to enable every business and person in Africa to access borderless digital investment and wealth management opportunities. They provide first-class access to Equities and ETFs in 40+ countries from Apple, GT Bank, and 4,000+ more. Their team combines investment expertise and best-in-class technology to provide reliable digital Investing, trading and wealth management solutions that are easy-to-use and easy to integrate.
They're backed by some of the founders and early investors in Facebook, Spotify, Flutterwave, Andela, Paystack and more.
About the role
They are looking to hire a Quality Assurance Engineer who will help them maintain their renowned level of quality and reliability. By joining their team, you will take part in various projects, assessing software quality by designing and implementing software testing processes. You will take ownership of code quality through exploratory and automated tests. You will hunt bugs, identify issues, report them, and make sure that they’re dealt with.
What do you need to be considered successful?
You will be responsible for designing and implementing tests, as well as debugging and defining corrective actions. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Review and analyze requirements, specifications, and technical design documents, providing timely feedback.
- Develop detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Prioritize and plan testing activities
- Play the role of test engineer: Design, develop, and execute automated tests
- Identify and report issues found, then verify that issues are resolved
- Perform regression testing
- Take complete ownership of test -> review -> deploy process
How Important are you to the bottom-line?
As the QA Engineer, you will be in charge of the creation and implementation of test strategy and ensure proper debugging before the product is launched.
The biggest problem-solving duties on the Job
You will work with other engineers in the software development team, to ensure the products are defect-free.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- Proven work experience in software Quality Assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools(Selenium, Web driver etc.), & processes
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- A keen eye for detail and a commitment to excellence
- Be willing to help your teammates, share your knowledge with them, and learn from them
- Be open to receiving constructive feedback and turning it into process improvements
What Do you stand to Gain?
- Strength, Stability, and Vision
- A collaborative team of creative thinkers to brainstorm with
- A culture that embraces your eccentricities and allows you to breathe
- A technology platform that is revolutionizing the African investing industry
- An empowered culture where your ideas are important and your voice matters
- Healthcare benefits and competitive leave days
Your application has been successfully submitted.