Group General Adviser
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the role
Our client is looking to hire a Group General Adviser who will define, deploy, manage and oversee the firm’s operational model, performance, benchmarking, annual and long-term developmental objectives, centralized operations, customer service and administration and transaction development. You will work closely with the CFO to develop the appropriate strategy, framework and tactics for the creation of a compelling investor relations’ and fundraising roadmap.
What do you need to be considered successful?
You will provide leadership oversight of business controls and their operational efficiency. You will also be responsible for the following:
Corporate Development & Group Compliance
- Oversee the establishment of all business operational infrastructure, transaction procedures, company standards and methods in line with acceptable high standards for effective business delivery.
- Analyze, fine-tune and articulate the company’s short, medium and long-term goals, and break down these goals into individual groups with timelines, targets, objectives, strategies and tactics and drive while formulating initiatives to achieve the individual goals
- Oversee operational compliance, oversight of business effectiveness, development of transactions, process design/redesign, business strategy articulation
- Oversee the development of the company’s annual, strategic and long term plans, as well as monitor and evaluate the implementation and achievement of these initiatives and plans
- Must bring and deploy experience in leading the development and roll-out of new divisions, businesses and transactional and banking products
- Must have a flair for articulation and analysis of problems and problem-solving skills required in change management, radical and modular business restructuring that ensures an investment business’ growth, efficiency and optimization to drive revenue growth.
- Provide strong central leadership to the organization, establish and communicate appropriate strategies, policies, procedures, initiatives and systems for human capital, business, transaction and corporate relations.
- Provide specialist advice for both Corporate Development and Transaction Development Matters
- Manage stakeholders and occasionally represent the CEO at partner meetings and negotiations, transaction framework and legal strategy engagements, etc.
- Support leadership in all ways to help make deals happen
Corporate Relations, Origination & Syndication
- Oversee the growth of the company’s corporate and investor relations
- Oversee and manage the Investment Relations effort by constantly ensuring the Firm is appropriately and strategically positioned with Investors and Stakeholders.
- Deploy vast network with various Businesses, MDAs/Government and banking and finance institutions to establish collaborative partnerships for multiple business successes.
- Oversee all syndication affairs for all deals and transactions under the organisation.
- Develop and Recommend Strategic Initiatives to boost the firm’s growth through new collaborative efforts, corporate partnerships and alliances.
- Drive the improvement of the company’s Network of Contacts through constant relationship-building activities i.e. constant scheduling of new meetings, introductions, invitations and securing attendance to relevant corporate events.
Legal-Commercial and Transaction Strategy & Structuring
- Recommend, Advise and Develop Strategies and Commercial Structures for newly originated deals, investments, transactions, projects and business opportunities under the organisation.
- Oversee the legal structuring of all transactions and ensure deal structures are optimal to attain strategic targets
- Work with legal counsels to ensure transaction documents are perfectly drafted
- Oversee and advise on Navigating compliance on multi-sector regulation
- Oversee the creation of new entities and matters regarding Corporate Affairs and Secretariat
- Proffer advice on legal and tax structures and their risks for all transactions under the organisation.
How Important are you to the bottom-line?
As the second in command to the CEO, you will be tasked with deploying your extensive experience to take central leadership and proffer advice on a wide array of matters and issues on all fronts from transactions to company strategy to legal documents to governance.
The biggest problem solving duties on the Job
This role requires a legal expert with specialty in Banking, Finance, Legal structuring and strong experience in corporate growth and strategy.
What you need to have done in your career?
- Bachelor’s Degree/LLB in Business/Corporate/Finance/Transaction Law
- Masters level qualifications in Law (LLM)
- Law School (JD/JDS)
- Certification from a recognized institution
- A minimum of 12 proven years’ experience as a Finance- related/Investment/Transactional Lawyer and/or Adviser
What Do you stand to Gain?
- A nearly unlimited room for career growth with support along the way
- The exciting opportunity to be part of building something extraordinary
- Competitive Salary
Your application has been successfully submitted.