Business Development Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Casava is a licensed insurtech startup building the future of insurance. They are using technology and finance to improve the quality of life for minimum wages earners, by providing world-class affordable and accessible insurance.
Casava is the first and only insurance company in Nigeria providing an undeniably essential service — Employment Insurance. A much-needed safety net for millions of workers who are at risk of losing their most essential asset — their income.
About The Role
Casava is currently looking to hire a Business Development Manager to join their team and help bring the great solutions the team is working on to millions of customers across Africa. As the ideal candidate, you should have experience building and running sales operations in a financial services firm, preferably a bank. You will play an active role in business research; conceptualization and development of new products.
What do you need to be considered successful?
As the Business Development officer, you will be responsible for identifying and improving the company’s products and services that are underperforming. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Evaluate, define and prepare relevant market assessment and commercial pricing analysis and forecast suitable for natural gas (and power) sales and purchasing
- Develop new business opportunities as well as manage all commercial agreements to optimise the company's commercial interests and drive revenue
- Develop detailed commercial analysis workflow reporting and guidelines for departmental consideration and related inter-company parties
- Develop and maintain a robust database, partner file and commercial contacts suitable to assist the company in approaching and negotiating with potential business partners
- Manage and retain relationships with key accounts and all existing clients
- Represent the company at strategic and industry-related meetings with a view to establishing a strong presence within the energy (power and gas) sector
- Streamlining lead generation processes, enabling the sales team to chase leads swiftly and successfully
- Prepare and present monthly and/or quarterly performance reports detailing the operational and financial status of mother stations, performance and projections.
- Liaise with the Operations, Finance and Corporate Services teams by providing accurate sales figures and costs to arrive at accurate estimates for both internal and external use.
- Make recommendations based on emerging trends, expansion opportunities, competitive threats and internal business process improvement.
- Manage and ensure compliance with the Company’s policies and procedures
- Any other duties and responsibilities may be assigned from time to time by the Management team
How important are you to the bottom-line?
Your role as the Business Development Officer is a crucial one as you will be directly responsible for developing and executing strategies that will increase the sales and profit of the company. You will also ensure that the company achieves their revenue targets.
The biggest problem-solving duties on the job
You will identify and leverage opportunities to communicate Casava’s value proposition to existing customers that lead to upsells and also appeal to prospective clients. You will keep an eye out for opportunities to generate revenue for the company through client relationships,
What do you need to have done In your career?
- You have between 5-7 years of experience in building and selling products in a financial services company, a consumer-focused company or a fintech firm.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business-related field, a Master’s degree in Business Administration is an advantage
- Additional education may include specialized training, professional certifications, workshops and seminars relevant to the industry
- You have experience understanding consumer and B2B markets, MSME product and service expertise and developing business with a variety of actors.
- You have the ability to take ownership, drive business on the ground. Persistent in completing what needs to get done and driving relationships.
- You are able to build relationships and educate a market segment on the benefits of Wallets Africa products.
- Highly skilled in Product design and development, Market research, Sales and Marketing.
- Have key knowledge of account management and financial modelling.
- Possess excellent communication, people and relationship management skills.
What Do you stand to Gain?
- A nearly unlimited room for career growth with support along the way
- The exciting opportunity to be part of building something extraordinary
- Competitive Salary
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Insurance Made Simple