Chief Operations Officer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Complete Farmer is a demand-driven digital agriculture platform that uses data and tech to produce high-quality agriculture products at scale. They are providing cutting-edge technological farming protocols and innovations with a unique business model and logistics that are revolutionizing farming and creating an end-to-end digital marketplace that enables global industries to source agriculture commodities, grown to their specifications, by users from all over the world using IoT, big data, and blockchain technology.
About the role
They are looking to hire a Chief Operations Officer who will manage the organisation's day-to-day operations and administrative functions. As a senior management team member, reporting only to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), you will be responsible for the effective and efficient running of the business. If you have excellent people skills, business acumen and exemplary work ethics, they’d like to meet you.
What do you need to be considered successful?
To be successful as a Chief Operating Officer, you must be a leader with an analytic and strategic mind and have a broad knowledge of the business and also oversee customer service and implement technology solutions. You will be responsible for the following:
- Oversee the ongoing operations of all divisions in Complete Farmer.
- Manage and direct the company towards its primary goals and objectives.
- Oversee employment decisions at the executive level of the company.
- Lead a team of executives to consider major decisions including acquisitions, mergers, joint ventures, or large-scale expansion.
- Promote communication and cooperation among divisions to create a spirit of unity in the organisation.
- Work with the board of directors and other executives to establish short-term objectives and long-range goals, and related plans and policies.
- Present regular reports on the status of the company’s operations to the board of directors and the chief executive officer.
- Oversee the organization’s operational structure, ensuring adequate and sound funding for the mission and goals of the company.
- Review the financial results of all operations, compare them with the company’s objectives and take appropriate measures to correct unsatisfactory performance and results.
- Ensure the company’s compliance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and standards.
- Negotiate with other companies regarding actions such as mergers, acquisitions, or joint ventures.
- Serve as the company’s representative to the board of directors, shareholders, employees, customers, the government, and the public.
- Perform other related duties to benefit the mission of the organization.
- Build and maintain relationships with all department heads, external partners, and vendors to make decisions regarding operational activities and strategic goals.
How important are you to the bottom line?
As the COO, you will act as the internal traffic conductor to make sure multiple components of the business are heading in the same direction. You will define and oversee the day-to-day operational strategy for the team, measure what counts, and oversee new initiatives. From setting financial budgets to leading on new initiatives, you’re the hub of the company.
The biggest problem-solving duties on the Job
You will provide leadership for all aspects of the company’s operations with emphasis on long-term goals, growth, profits, and return on investments. operations and implementing strategies, processes, procedures and policies.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- 5+ years of professional experience in leadership roles.
- MBA, PMP or MSc in Agriculture or relevant field.
- Extensive experience leading Kaizen, Six Sigma, and Lean manufacturing initiatives in full-scale manufacturing environments. Certification is a plus.
- Excellent managerial and financial skills and the ability to take leadership over any business operations area.
- Superlative communication skills, particularly the ability to communicate as a leader.
- Thorough understanding of management and operational practices in all areas and phases of business operations.
- Hands-on, results-oriented leader with a proven track record of successfully developing people and teams to their fullest potential.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple competing priorities.
- A high degree of analytical skills, initiative, creativity, and problem-solving ability.
- A sense of urgency in driving projects and desire to set ambitious goals and work aggressively to meet project schedules, utilizing the latest project management tools and technology.
What do you stand to gain?
- A nearly unlimited room for career growth with support along the way.
- The exciting opportunity to be part of building something extraordinary.
- Competitive Salary.
Your application has been successfully submitted.