This job is no longer accepting applications.
Motorcycle taxis are immensely popular and serve as the lifeblood of many cities in Africa, but they are extremely unsafe and disorganized. At the click of a button, SafeBoda provides a safe, more convenient, mobile-first transportation platform for Africa’s booming young population.
On the high-frequency use of our transportation service, SafeBoda is providing value to consumers, drivers, and passengers, with additional financial services, payments, and other on-demand services such as food and grocery delivery to keep Africa moving forward.
About the role
They are looking to hire a Marketing Associate who will help them achieve their business goals through building strong marketing campaigns. Are you passionate about old, social, and new media, and interested in kickstarting a career in digital media marketing with a dynamic team? They would like to meet you.
What do you need to be considered successful?
As a marketing associate, you will be responsible for planning and implementing marketing and advertising activities. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Assist in the creation of exciting content for SafeBoda and affiliated social media pages.
- Manage SafeBoda social media pages.
- Work closely with food, shop, rides, and cashless teams to develop and execute social media marketing strategies.
- Manage SafeBoda social media communities and track brand sentiments online.
- Identify new online platforms and opportunities for customer acquisition.
- Develop reports for organic social media marketing activities.
- Track conversation trends on social media.
- Carry out social media organic growth experiments.
- Cover events for social media.
- Effectively manage suppliers for offline materials and secure the most cost-effective offline marketing options.
- Work closely with the Senior Marketing Associate to manage the Brand Ambassador program.
- Ensure strong feedback loops and learning to improve artwork and messaging.
- Identify new offline marketing opportunities with relevant brands and audiences e.g. vendor onsite branding, collection of existing vendor-customer information.
How important are you to the bottom line?
You will be responsible for managing SafeBoda and affiliated social media platforms (mainly Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram).
The biggest problem-solving duties on the Job
You should understand the extensive details of marketing and be familiar with ways to analyze market research and customers' behaviour. You will help collect data, forecast trends and assess customer satisfaction.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- At least one year of experience in social media marketing and offline marketing
- Social media savvy and excited to work and grow in new media
- Self-starter and works well in a fast-paced environment
- Creative thinker with good copywriting skills
- Social and a great communicator
- Great organization skills
- Photography/graphics design skills a plus
- Enthusiastic and loves the brand
What to you stand to gain?
- Contribute to our mission, scale with a rapidly growing startup, with lots of opportunity for growth
- Competitive salary based on experience, free SafeBoda transport, free lunch, and many more!
Your application has been successfully submitted.