This job is no longer accepting applications.
Crowdforce enables businesses to penetrate markets by leveraging their extensive agent network to reach the underserved populations In Emerging markets. Crowdforce has understood the power of agent networks and is using it to provide penetrative market research and financial inclusion services to the billions of consumers in Africa and other emerging markets.
Through their offline market-oriented products, Crowdforce guarantees access to the right network to help scale digital financial services, access to an agent network that helps you collate reliable data and surveys on the ground and mostly access to an offline network of local merchants with the tools to drive adoption of digital services to the next billion consumers.
About the role
They are looking to hire an Engineering Lead who will drive production and key development, with a hands-on approach and the ability to lead a team of internal and external teams. You will be accountable for the technical implementation and delivery of all assigned projects. You will also maintain constant communication with the CTO and ensure that your team follows the company engineering process.
What do you need to be considered successful?
To be successful as a technical lead, you should continually expand your industry knowledge and be able to quickly identify problems. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Lead the software engineering team in the design and development of our financial services product.
- Lead the Development, Security and Infrastructure, Product roll out initiatives for the financial services Product.
- Use the agile technology environment for the next releases. Drive improvements in our development practice of continuous delivery
- Mentor and manage the team of Developers
- Define and implement appropriate data protection and security policies, and ensure full compliance with regulatory data management requirements as a global marketplace
How important are you to the bottom line?
In this role, you will be responsible for the development strategy, planning, implementation, integration, testing and ongoing operational maintenance of their Financial Services Product.
Biggest problem-solving duties on the job
You will lead the implementation of the architecture, information security, cybersecurity and data privacy and protection strategy.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- Fintech background is a must.
- Prior experience as Lead Tech/ Engineering lead or equivalent at a startup or at a rapidly growing or innovative larger company. Hands-on candidate is a must!
- In-depth knowledge of all aspects of the software development life cycle (SDLC), best practices and agile software development.
- Understanding of Payments infrastructure, new technologies.
- Experience in building, motivating and leading high performing development teams.
- Experience managing senior stakeholders in the organisation.
- Passionate about software engineering best practices include agile, TDD, continuous delivery, microservices, measurement and software.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment both as an individual contributor and a technical lead.
- Very strong analytical skills to be able to manage complex problems using a number of techniques.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills of complex and sophisticated ideas to a range of key stakeholders, both verbal and written.
- Relevant experience includes the successful development and launch of at least one product, ideally in the fintech space.
- Deep knowledge of the TECH STACK:
- Defines product objectives by gathering and analyzing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality.
- Experience working windows server (Linux server knowledge and experience is an advantage).
- Great understanding and experience using GIT.
- Experience working with cloud server Azure, AWS, and Google Cloud.
- Good knowledge of SQL Server (MSSQL) >4yrs experience.
- Experience with ISO8583 Standards
What do you stand to gain?
- Competitive salary
- Flexible Work hours
- The opportunity to work with great minds.
- Being part of a small, super-dedicated group of very skilled and fun people
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Helping businesses, Governments and Nonprofits scale to the next billion underserved population.