Chief Operations Officer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Chaka is a technology solutions company on a mission to enable every business and person in Africa to access borderless digital investment and wealth management opportunities. They provide first-class access to Equities and ETFs in 40+ countries from Apple, GT Bank, and 4,000+ more. Their team combines investment expertise and best-in-class technology to provide reliable digital Investing, trading and wealth management solutions that are easy-to-use and easy to integrate.
They're backed by some of the founders and early investors in Facebook, Spotify, Flutterwave, Andela, Paystack and more.
About the role
They are looking to hire a Chief Operations Officer who will oversee all manners of business operations. You should have the mindset to focus on calculating and improving/enhancing a company’s revenue through growth strategies and implementation.
In addition, you will take ownership of the customer and the customer interface with the product or service offering, making sure that all functions of the organization are aligned to meet its strategic commercial objectives.
What do you need to be considered successful?
To be successful as a Chief Operations Officer, you will need the following:
- Leadership skills
- Conflict Management
- Business Negotiation
- People Management
- Data Entry Skills
- Data Processing Skills
- Reporting Skills
- Budget Development
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving Skills
- Planning and Organizing
- Communication Skills
- Influencing and Leading
- Team Work
- Stress Tolerance
As you will be responsible for the following:
- A keen eye for growth strategies and analytics; maximising growth opportunities for each department
- Metrics-driven and applying measurable strategies to monitor all targets
- More focused on product performance and improvements
- Overseeing all departments and able to give feedback to the CEO and company with progress reports
- Be a key part of the recruitment, selection and onboarding process of the new employees
- Communicate job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising and reviewing job contributions
- Plan and review compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures
- Contribute operations information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, quality and customer-service standards; resolve problems; complete audits; identify trends
- Forecast requirements; prepare an annual budget; schedule expenditures; analyze variances; initiating corrective actions
- Analyze process workflow, employee and space requirements
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations
- Accomplish operations and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Meet or exceed operations labour budget expectations
- Responsible for all department managers and supervisors, with review/approval responsibility for all operations employees
- Manage relationships with key operations vendors
- Communicate customer issues with the operations team and devise ways of improving the customer experience, including resolving problems and complaints
- Work closely with the management team to set and/or implement policies, procedures and systems and to follow through with implementation.
- Communicate all operating policies and/or issues at department meetings
How important are you to the bottom line?
As the COO, you will act as the internal traffic conductor to make sure multiple components of the business are heading in the same direction. You will define and oversee the day-to-day operational strategy for the team, measure what counts, and oversee new initiatives. From setting financial budgets to leading on new initiatives, you’re the hub of the company.
The biggest problem-solving duties on the Job
You should have expert knowledge of the services and products Chaka has to offer and how they are used by clients and customers. You will provide leadership for all aspects of the company’s operations with emphasis on long-term goals, growth, profits, and return on investments, operations and implementing strategies, processes, procedures and policies.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- Has led Operations team in a large preferably multi-national company in Finance, Financial Technology, Enterprise Technology, Mgmt Consulting
- Has built and managed a diverse team
- Has relevant Industry experience: Asset management, Finance, Technology, Consulting
- Has worked in finance, international companies or has international exposure
- Background Experience
- Entrepreneurial mindset and experience
- Experience in Finance technology
- Finance consulting experience
- Payments, banking, investing experience
- 7 years minimum experience
What do you stand to gain?
- Strength, Stability, and Vision
- A collaborative team of creative thinkers to brainstorm with
- A culture that embraces your eccentricities and allows you to breathe
- A technology platform that is revolutionizing the African investing industry
- An empowered culture where your ideas are important and your voice matters
- Healthcare benefits and competitive leave days
Your application has been successfully submitted.