This job is no longer accepting applications.
Complete Farmer is a demand-driven digital agriculture platform that uses data and tech to produce high-quality agriculture products at scale. They are providing cutting-edge technological farming protocols and innovations with a unique business model and logistics that are revolutionizing farming and creating an end-to-end digital marketplace that enables global industries to source agriculture commodities, grown to their specifications, by users from all over the world using IoT, big data, and blockchain technology.
About the role
They are looking to hire a knowledgeable Chief Agronomist who will develop better farming practices and find effective solutions to Complete Farmer’s farm operations. You will investigate and implement solutions that will increase productivity on the farm. You will also help field staff and farm managers to develop techniques to increase crop quality and yield.
What do you need to be considered successful?
You should be focused on developing and promoting better farming practices. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Lead the agronomic development within the company.
- Lead the internal R&D agronomy projects.
- Research, develop and promote farming protocols or products, to continuously improve crop yield and solve problems facing the agriculture industry.
- Visit site operations to oversee production processes, identify opportunities for improvement and oversee agronomic processes.
- Assist with the plant selection process, budgets, timelines and distribution needs.
- Keep detailed records regarding location production, customers, crops and samples.
- Generate reports and present findings to management, clients or other interested parties.
- Promote products and techniques through educational presentations.
- Training and onsite supervision of multiple locations.
- Work with academia on research and development projects, and around predictive analytics and data for optimal production.
How Important are you to the bottom line?
You will conduct research and field checks, take samples and make observations, perform tests, and identify and solve problems related to plant or soil nutrition, damage from insects and or wildlife, and the use of specialized products, such as pesticides, fertilizers, etc.
The biggest problem-solving duties on the Job
You will also develop tailored agronomic approaches and oversee interventions on behalf of the company. Hence, you should be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and analytical with excellent listening, communication, and problem-solving skills.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- At least a masters degree in Agronomy.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in Crop Management and Horticulture, with some experience in integrated Pest Management.
- Experience with commercial farms.
- Experience managing decentralized teams.
- Experience with data analytics and research.
- Valid driver’s license and willingness to travel.
- Ability to stand, walk, kneel and stoop for extended periods.
- Proficiency with computers, especially Ms Office and diagnostic scientific software.
- Exceptional active listening and verbal and written communication skills
- Strong research, decision making, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated familiarity with industry trends, technology, and development
- Professional with a background in agronomy
- Willingness to continue learning and training
- Knowledge of crop production and breeding
- Proactive, self-motivated, and willing to work with a team.
- Willingness to work in a variety of areas (field, lab, office).
What to you stand to gain?
- A nearly unlimited room for career growth with support along the way.
- The exciting opportunity to be part of building something extraordinary.
- Competitive Salary
Your application has been successfully submitted.