Senior Sales Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
One of the biggest challenges we face in Nigeria is the intermittency of power, the unreliable national grid and the energy deficit across the value chain. Nigerians have long used diesel generators and have gotten comfortable with it.
ARNERGY is a cleantech company that specializes in the design, manufacture and commoditized rent to own solar energy solutions. They provide affordable, reliable and clean electricity for commercial, residential clients using tried and tested, intelligent solar energy systems ensuring they have 24/7 power in their homes while reducing operating expenses of Nigerian businesses, saving them huge costs otherwise spent on diesel/petrol generators maintenance and increased revenue otherwise lost to cut in production.
Arnergy is backed by a stellar group of investors which includes Breakthrough Energy Ventures (https://www.b-t.energy/), EDFI ElectriFi (https://www.electrifi.eu/), the EU’s energy impact fund, Norfund (Norway’s DFI) https://www.norfund.no/ and All On (Shell’s Nigeria impact fund) https://www.all-on.com/
About the role
They are looking to hire a Senior Sales Manager who will drive business growth within the enterprise and corporate sectors at a national level. The role would involve developing strategies for the acquisition of new customers and corporate accounts while managing the relationship with existing customers to maximize profitability and revenues.
What do you need to be considered successful?
You will be responsible for large projects sales within the key verticals. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Develop the strategy for business expansion in Nigeria in line with the organization’s goals and strategy.
- Develop and successfully execute sales strategies to exceed the sales and profitability targets across key verticals.
- Increase the business revenue through business expansion and foster profitability by building strategic relationships with key stakeholders.
- Applies technical expertise, excellent market and business management skills necessary for dealing with specific, high-level target audiences.
- Use of Arnergy’s internal tools to deliver highly accurate forecasts that identify revenue and timing of all projects, resulting in a qualified pipeline of prospects and detailed input.
- Redefine, create, manage and track specific business plans/actions through regular meetings and reviews with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to deliver compelling presentations that can address customer’s needs and requirements using Arnergy’s solutions.
- Ability to effectively work with other departments, such as finance, marketing, project and customer experience, to coordinate efforts to achieve the best results.
- Provide feedback regarding market trends, pricing and competition to commercial operations – including win/loss analysis
How Important are you to the bottom-line?
The Senior Sales Manager leads and manages all sales operations and oversees the activities of the junior sales management team. Your key objective is to grow incremental and new sales for the business while simultaneously reducing customer turnover.
Biggest problem-solving duties on the job
As a senior sales executive, you should be persuasive and able to build rapport with customers. You should be adept at negotiating terms of sale with customers, and demonstrate exceptional communication, leadership, and customer service skills.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- A university degree in Engineering, IT or Business related degree.
- Minimum of 8 years of related experience within market segments & industry – Renewable Energy, FMCG, Power management, ICT, Telco, Electrical, White Goods/Electronics, IoT, Construction, Retail, Channel (Sales & Services).
- Knowledge/experience of low voltage and medium voltage equipment.
- Ability to understand the customer’s technical and application needs, in order to promote the appropriate Arnergy’s offer that best meets the customer requirements
- Ability to build an environment and relationship of trust and credibility with customers, understanding customer’s needs and position their needs in the value chain and competitive environment (market and competitors), in order to best promote Arnergy in the local market.
- Strong Business analytics, commercial skills and proven sales track record.
- Ability to evaluate and target potential customers (penetration, attractiveness, accessibility), in order to best allocate resources, verify opportunities and build customer action/ business plan.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite i.e. Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience in acquiring new customers, accounts and fostering relationships with C-level stakeholders.
- Experience in managing sales and orders targets.
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good negotiation and networking skills.
- Excellent time management and presentation skills.
- Organized with strong attention to detail.
- Experience of Zoho will be a plus.
- Ability to travel as required to meet business objectives.
What Do you stand to Gain?
- A nearly unlimited room for career growth with support along the way.
- The exciting opportunity to be part of building something extraordinary.
- Competitive Salary.
Your application has been successfully submitted.