This job is no longer accepting applications.
Volition Capital helps the honest & hardworking create wealth and enjoy fulfilling lives. They do so through private equity, venture funds and cooperatives.
About the role
They are looking to hire an Accountant who will be responsible for preparing accounts, budgeting and managing financial information. You will also be advising and helping clients, whether that’s individuals or international companies, on financial situations.
What do you need to be considered successful?
To be successful, you should be prompt, detail-oriented, professional, and analytical. You will be responsible for the following:
- Ensure the accuracy of financial documents, as well as their compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Prepare and maintain important financial reports.
- Prepare tax returns and ensure that taxes are paid properly and on time.
- Evaluate financial operations to recommend best practices, identify issues and strategize solutions, and help organizations run efficiently.
- Offer guidance on cost reduction, revenue enhancement, and profit maximization.
- Conduct forecasting and risk analysis assessments.
- Report on the company’s financial health and liquidity.
- Audit financial transactions and documents.
- Ensure the security of financial information and taking regular backups.
How Important are you to the bottom-line?
As an accountant, your core responsibilities are typically to prepare and examine financial records, assuring information is up to date and accurate. However, you could specialize in particular areas such as forensic accounting or taxation or focus on more specific areas of a company's financial department.
Biggest problem-solving duties on the job
You should possess excellent presentation skills with the ability to successfully communicate complex quantitative data to decision-makers.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- At least 3 years of prior experience
- Absolute discretion and confidentiality
- Maturity, character and cultural intelligence
- Drive and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent spoken and written communication
- Intellect & thirst for knowledge
- Aptitude for numbers and spreadsheets
- Attention to detail and ability to keep accurate records & documentation
- Ability to work well in teams
What do you stand to gain?
- Competitive salary
- Health benefits on confirmation
- Annual housing allowance beginning a year after confirmation
- Laptop, phone and Internet
- Provision for out-of-station costs
- Staff-only investment opportunities at Volition
- A high degree of autonomy & flexibility
Your application has been successfully submitted.