Talent Success Jr. Specialist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
ALI vet, catalyze, and select work-ready talent across the continent to connect to meaningful employment opportunities. They do that by designing seamless, scalable, intentionally rigorous application experiences - applicants must demonstrate a strong sense of purpose, desire, and grit to make it through. That’s by design.
They design enriching and compelling self-selection journeys, by the end, applicants are 100% certain ALI provides the best opportunity to pursue their life of impact through meaningful work. And we think in terms of applicant experiences, not applications - experience design is at the heart of talent selection at ALI. The application may be automated, but the experience is human.
They have created a comprehensive experience including leadership, development, membership, network, and more - SPECIFICALLY for young Africans. The Room equips you with the unique skills, mindsets, and insights to thrive in the world of work. Coupled with access to a strong community of changemakers, you can break the barriers between your situation today and finding a career path that inspires you.
About the role
They are looking to hire a Talent Success Jr. Specialist who will help drive more quality applicants to selection by developing engagement strategies including meaningful and measurably impactful experiences, events, content, and interaction for their applicant pool. You will be an early member of the talent selection team directly reporting to the Director of Selection at ALI.
What do you need to be considered successful?
To be successful in this role, you should possess a proven innovative and proactive problem-solver led by metrics-driven thinking. You will be responsible for the following:
- Create and execute plays (events, content, interactions, experiences) to increase application engagement and conversion.
- Our application is automated, the experience is human. How can you create personalized experiences, communications, and interactions that feel human at scale?
- Develop and maintain systems and processes to connect with, survey, and derive key insights about our applicants.
- Conduct user research to understand the user and identify behavioural patterns in data to create transformational customer experiences.
- Identify, track, and report on key metrics illustrating the performance of various engagement plays and efforts. How can you tie your efforts to outcomes?
- Run rigorous and consistent experimentation to explore optimal engagement opportunities.
How Important are you to the bottom line?
- You will be on the frontlines, empowering and inspiring youth to seek and seize career opportunities through our membership offering.
- You will empower African youth to find and fulfil their purpose through meaningful and sustainable work.
- You will explore and validate methods to identify and select the work-ready young leaders on the continent.
- You will contribute to challenging, enriching, and innovative selection experiences that put aspiring young leaders in the driver’s seat and provide value whether or not they make it through the gate.
- You will design and build delightful customer experiences that start with the question: “what do we want customers to feel?”
Mindsets to thrive:
- High standards of excellence - your appetite to create awesome spreads like fire.
- Empathetic - you put people first.
- Delight by design - you think about humans, their emotions, and the customer outcomes we want to create.
- Self-motivated and autonomous - you take the ball and run with it.
- Customer-centricity - it’s not a moment in time, it’s a lifestyle.
- Stewardship - you build to last.
- "If you want to go fast, go alone; but if you want to go far, go together.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- 3+ years experience in revenue-driven roles with customer-facing experience.
- Experience designing and leading virtual and in-person experiences and content.
- Extremely empathetic and energetic.
- Professional familiarity with engagement metrics and conversion plays
- Strong copy-writing skills
- Strong visual communication skills
- Professional competency with data analysis, tracking and reporting
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work with and influence a diversity of stakeholders at all levels internally and externally.
- Can process information and learn quickly. Thinks critically and can see past minutiae to the big picture.
What do you stand to gain?
- Be a foundational member of the talent selection team catalyzing impact-driven youth across the continent
- Gain management and leadership experience, growing your own skills and capacity through Multipliers leadership.
- Build your portfolio and network, working alongside forces of nature who are motivated to create epic experiences for customers and colleagues.
- Competitive Salary.
Your application has been successfully submitted.