Head of People
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Motorcycle taxis are immensely popular and serve as the lifeblood of many cities in Africa, but they are extremely unsafe and disorganized. At the click of a button, SafeBoda provides a safe, more convenient, mobile-first transportation platform for Africa’s booming young population.
On the high-frequency use of our transportation service, SafeBoda is providing value to consumers, drivers, and passengers, with additional financial services, payments, and other on-demand services such as food and grocery delivery to keep Africa moving forward.
About the role
They are looking to hire a Head of People to ensure SafeBoda is the best company to work for in Nigeria. As the Head of People, you will build out the organization to be a leading company in Nigeria in human resources, employee experience, and talent acquisition. One of the key drivers for success is an emphasis on their people, from interns to software engineers to support teams in the field to creative designers, among others.
They believe that their advantage lies in their talent, and they are looking for a Head of People to build the engine that drives this.
What do you need to be considered successful?
This role is both strategic and operational and you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and optimizing processes, programs and services to support our growing organization. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Lead the People function at SafeBoda in Nigeria
- Hire and build out the People team (this includes all HR and Recruitment) at SafeBoda Nigeria, scaling the people operations infrastructure which will enable effective employee experience and people processes.
- Evaluate SafeBoda’s current People practices and policies to identify gaps and inefficiencies and then implement new systems to maximize employee satisfaction and compliance
- Work with other teams including Legal, Finance, and others to ensure that all People operations further the organizational strategy, while adhering to compliance standards
- Manage the recruitment team, implement innovative sourcing methods, build networks, and support the brand to enable SafeBoda to hire the best talent!
- Coordinate with department managers and senior management to forecast future hiring needs
- Implement process improvements, technology, training requirements, etc. that will improve the employee experience, from candidate engagement to on-boarding, in partnership with HR services.
- Own and deliver user-friendly training and resources on new technology, process updates, as well as existing HR standards, operating procedures, processes, policies, and playbooks.
- Manage end to end performance cycles and ensuring there is clarity and fairness in the review process.
How Important are you to the bottom-line?
You will lead all aspects of people operations at SafeBoda, and ensure the development and implementation of goal-based initiatives that will drive the company towards growth. You will also be responsible for finding and retaining remarkable talents for the SafeBoda workforce.
Biggest problem-solving duties on the job
This position will ensure that SafeBoda can build the best teams to solve the most exciting challenges.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- +5 years minimum in HR, People Operations, Talent Management or a similar area.
- Prior experience leading a sizable HR/People Team in a high growth start-up.
- Proven experience crafting policies, processes.
- Strong network and knowledge in terms of recruitment and talent management.
- Technical curiosity and interest in evolving trends in HR products and services.
- Understanding of employer branding strategies to support hiring.
- Ability to work with multiple strong leaders simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, communication (written and verbal), and consulting skills. Ability to assess needs, influence, collaborate, deliver, and partner at the most senior levels in the organization.
- Discretion and judgment handling confidential and sensitive data.
- Curious about new ways of working, new organizational models.
- Solid academic performance with at a minimum a completed Bachelor/Undergraduate degree.
- Live the SafeBoda values, represent the company in everything you do and constantly fly the flag.
What Do you stand to Gain?
- Scale with a rapidly growing startup, with tons of opportunity for growth and impact.
- Contribute to our mission and work at our dynamic and fast-paced company in Africa.
- Competitive salary.
- Free SafeBoda transport & Free lunch every day.
- A supportive team environment with mentorship from SafeBoda leadership.
Your application has been successfully submitted.