This job is no longer accepting applications.
Motorcycle taxis are immensely popular and serve as the lifeblood of many cities in Africa, but they are extremely unsafe and disorganized. At the click of a button, SafeBoda provides a safe, more convenient, mobile-first transportation platform for Africa’s booming young population.
On the high-frequency use of our transportation service, SafeBoda is providing value to consumers, drivers, and passengers, with additional financial services, payments, and other on-demand services such as food and grocery delivery to keep Africa moving forward.
About the role
They are looking to hire a Product Owner who will lead product development for SafeBoda’s business verticals. You will be responsible for shaping the product roadmap, developing the product positioning, and owning the growth strategy for the product. You will work with and energize the team to deliver highly impactful product development.
What do you need to be considered successful?
To be successful as the Product Manager, you should be data-driven and be able to use this data to develop your roadmap strategy. You will be responsible for the following:
- Lead all dimensions of product development for the passenger & driver app: visioning, long-term road mapping, daily prioritization, feature design, development, and testing.
- Be the champion of the product – make the tough calls. Support the development team and hold them accountable.
- Manage and lead a growing team and work with the CTO and Senior Leadership to steer product development.
- Oversee product testing and iteration with a strong focus on user-centred design. This means understanding the customer's needs and being the voice of the customer.
- Communicating with stakeholders on the product, its development, performance, opportunities.
- Serve as a customer and business proxy to the engineering team, communicating business vision, strategy, and interests to the product and engineering teams.
- Oversee product support activities and initiatives
How Important are you to the bottom line?
You will define the product strategy and vision, and monitor the roadmap. You will as such, work closely with the engineering team, to ensure the delivery of superpower products that are in line with SafeBoda’s goals.
The biggest problem-solving duties on the Job
You should possess an entrepreneurial and passionate mindset to innovate and execute across a rapidly growing, fast-paced company and industry. You should be able to seamlessly weave between cross-functional teams in order to build and grow a wide range of products.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- Have 4+ years of experience in product management, development, and design, delivering highly successful and innovative products
- Have an understanding of computer science and agile development methodologies
- Focused on building businesses, not simply features. Entrepreneurial experience building and leading businesses, including ownership and optimization of business performance metrics
- You are excited to become a master of our product, have great knowledge of our market, customers, and competition
- Be emotionally intelligent, humble, and excited to work within a team with a diverse set of experiences, backgrounds, and skills
- Possess strong data analysis skills. Be comfortable presenting to senior stakeholders.
- Exhibit the ability to navigate ambiguity, juggle multiple tasks, think independently and problem solve like a boss.
- Strong undergraduate degree (or higher) with demonstrated strong academic performance
- Excitement for SafeBoda and what we are trying to achieve
What Do you stand to Gain?
- Be part of a passionate team that is changing the mobility landscape in Africa
- Opportunity to travel to East Africa and interact with the product and our multi-cultural team
- Competitive salary based on experience
Your application has been successfully submitted.