Backend Developer (Node.Js)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Edukoya is Building Africa’s largest learning platform that offers personalized solutions to the educational needs of the continent regardless of Age and status. With their robust AI operating system, they are looking to bridge the gap and disparities in education and use technology to have a significant impact on educational equity. They are using data-driven AI technology to reach the next generation of students in Africa, helping learners reach their goals in the most efficient way.
About The Role
They are looking to hire a versatile back-end developer who possesses a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits. This developer will work with their team of talented engineers and product team to design and build the future of education.
What do you need to be considered successful?
Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front end. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Writing good quality, modular, reusable, performant, well documented, unit-tested code as per agreed timelines
- Design experience using Node, Express, REST.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Developing NodeJS based backend applications.
- Delivering well-written REST APIs: API Definitions, end-to-end service design, and implementation.
- Implement and Improve application logging services
- Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate definitions of done, and translate that into an effective technical solution.
- Work with the QA Team to develop testing protocols to identify and correct challenges.
- Writing good quality, modular, reusable, performant, well documented, unit-tested code as per agreed timelines.
- Writes high-quality code & unit tests, builds, tests as per agreed timelines.
- Participates in technical design and provides an estimation.
- Owns one or more small to medium features
- Becomes a go-to person in at least one area
- Communicates clearly and get clarification upfront to minimize rework. Knows when to ask for help to unblock Consistently follows and promotes SDLC best practices: Coding standard, testing, code reviews, code comments, etc.
- Exhibit strong problem-solving skills, help other developers and demonstrates teamwork.
How Important are you to the bottom-line?
You will be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of product components including development, testing, deployment, and monitoring.
The biggest problem solving duties on the Job
You will be a key contributor to design, architecture, and technology-related decisions, while also providing guidance and mentorship to more junior members of the team. You are someone who is autonomous and capable of managing your schedule on your own.
What you need to have done in your career?
- Understands detailed requirements and demonstrates excellent problem-solving skills.
- Deep understanding of software engineering practices, Design Patterns, Data Structures, Algorithms.
- Excellent programming skills in ROR.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong sense of ownership, drive and ability to deliver results.
- 2-7 years of experience in product-driven organizations.
- A Bachelors's or Masters's degree in engineering from a reputed institute.
- Experience in Developing APIs and RESTful services using Node JS.
- Experience with AWS API Gateway, Lambda Functions.
- Strong understanding of usage and implementation of JWT tokens & access control API Development.
- Must have good analytical, debugging and problem-solving skills.
- Strong skills in NodeJS, with good knowledge of Express framework.
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages.
- Good understanding of differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs. desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform.
- Knowledge of working with cloud environments such as AWS.
- Knowledge of DevOps tools & practices.
- Strong coding/programming & application development experience.
- Good knowledge of working with NoSQL databases such as Mongo.
- Working knowledge of Git.
- Knowledge of working with relational databases such as MySQL and Postgresql.
- Knowledge of any ORM (Object Relational Mapper) libraries that works with NodeJS
What Do you stand to Gain?
- A high level of independence for you to foster and grow as an individual.
- Competitive Remuneration.
Your application has been successfully submitted.