This job is no longer accepting applications.
Motorcycle taxis are immensely popular and serve as the lifeblood of many cities in Africa, but they are extremely unsafe and disorganized. At the click of a button, SafeBoda provides a safe, more convenient, mobile-first transportation platform for Africa’s booming young population.
On the high-frequency use of our transportation service, SafeBoda is providing value to consumers, drivers, and passengers, with additional financial services, payments, and other on-demand services such as food and grocery delivery to keep Africa moving forward.
About the role
They are looking to hire an Android Developer whose primary focus will be the development of android applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be working alongside other engineers and developers on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products are essential.
What do you need to be considered successful?
You will be responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a vast number of diverse Android devices. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform
- Improve the stability of the app by ensuring that unit tests are robust, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Manage and resolve bugs issues faced by users
- Implement various business requirements and improve app features to deliver customer satisfaction.
- Revamp app to enhance performance
- Own functionality and scalability feature by taking responsibility from inception to deployment.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Work with outside data sources and APIs
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
How important are you to the bottom-line?
You will work closely with their team of talented engineers to design and build apps, and also monitor customer’s feedback. Subsequently, you will be required to create app updates.
The biggest problem-solving duties on the Job
You will work with the latest technology, following agile methodologies and with Kotlin, Swift, Vue.JS and Elixir, while keeping an eye on the user experience and the value provided to their customers.
What do you need to have done in your career?
Desired Technical Skills
- Strong experience in Android and working with Kotlin
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Working knowledge of mobile architectures like MVVM and Clean Architecture
- Experience working in a Continuous Delivery environment
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Demonstrated experience producing structured, readable and testable code
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Care about quality and know what it means to ship high-quality code
- Ability in identifying, debugging and resolving complex production issues
- Jira and Agile methodologies (like Scrum and Kanban)
- Familiarity with SOLID principles and Clean Code
Desired Personal Skills
- Critical thought, analytical thinking and good communication skills
- Capacity to work with members of the team working in different countries
- Good organizational and time management abilities
- Great attention to detail and a results-driven approach
- Willing to go above and beyond; we would like someone who wants everything under control and wants to try all the different possibilities that can happen
- An attitude of accountability and knowledge-sharing. You enjoy reviewing others' code and sharing your knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Empathy, respect and a big sense of humour; we are people before engineers
- English communication skills
What do you stand to gain?
- Remote working
- Be part of a passionate team that is changing the mobility landscape in Africa and it’s improving millions of lives
- Scale with a rapidly growing startup, with tons of opportunity for growth
- Contribute to our mission and work at our dynamic and fast-paced team.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Free SafeBoda transport & lunch if you are based in Nairobi, Kampala or Ibadan
Your application has been successfully submitted.