This job is no longer accepting applications.
Motorcycle taxis are immensely popular and serve as the lifeblood of many cities in Africa, but they are extremely unsafe and disorganized. At the click of a button, SafeBoda provides a safe, more convenient, mobile-first transportation platform for Africa’s booming young population.
On the high-frequency use of our transportation service, SafeBoda is providing value to consumers, drivers, and passengers, with additional financial services, payments, and other on-demand services such as food and grocery delivery to keep Africa moving forward.
About the role
They are looking to hire a VP of Operations who will manage the day-to-day operations and administrative functions of the organization. As a member of the Senior Leadership team, you will be responsible for the effective and efficient running of the business. If you have excellent people skills, business acumen and exemplary work ethics, they’d like to meet you.
What do you need to be considered successful?
The VP will be responsible for the strategy of all driver operations at SafeBoda and ensuring that each market has a strong team serving and growing our driver community. You will be responsible for the following:
- Lead metrics related to driver acquisition and retention in each market working with the Country Manager.
- The responsibility that the Driver Operations team in each market has the right processes, team culture and strategy to ensure the Drivers are at the heart of everything SafeBoda does.
- Ownership of the driver side strategy to hit the vertical-specific KPIs and goals for Ride, Send, Food, Shop and Payments in each market. This could include the driver side strategy for how they hit a completion rate target for their Food orders, how they will onboard enough drivers to fulfil Ride orders or the strategy for how they can utilize drivers to hit a GTV target in their wallet.
- Lead by example in the rollout and implementation of these strategies. Working closely with the Head of Operations in each market to get the ball rolling and then measure the impact of your strategies.
- Manage, support and coach in country Driver Operations teams to execute on their strategy as well as become strong leaders of their own teams.
- Identify improvements & initiatives and make driver operations more efficient and impactful.
- Standardize Driver operations processes, methodology and tools across each market to ensure we’re serving and supporting our drivers with the same passion and skill in each country.
- Measure and evaluate the success of strategies implemented across Operations.
How important are you to the bottom line?
You will act as the internal traffic conductor to make sure multiple components of the business are heading in the same direction. You will define and oversee the day-to-day operational strategy for the team, measure what counts, and oversee new initiatives.
The biggest problem-solving duties on the Job
You will provide leadership for SafeBoda’s operations and implement strategies, processes, procedures and policies, with emphasis on long-term goals, growth, profits, and return on investments.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- Have +7 years minimum in operations, consulting, strategy or startup role
- Be passionate about leadership, people development and growing a large team. They’re a young, passionate but large team that want to learn, improve and serve their drivers. The VP of Ops should be excited about their impact on drivers but also the evolution of the Operations department within the company.
- Be comfortable to work in tough conditions not always with easy answers to challenges and are excited to move quickly, learn by doing and stress test ideas.
- Be emotionally intelligent, humble and excited to work within a team with a diverse set of experiences and skills
- Data-driven decision-making mindset with a track record of applying analytical skills across many types of problems in any industry, experience in the ride-hailing industry or similar industry a big bonus.
- Knowledge of their operating regions and an understanding of informal transport is preferable a plus.
- Love their product and be curious about how it works and be a strong advocate on the way SafeBoda can transform the livelihoods of drivers
- Live the SafeBoda values, represent the company in everything you do and constantly fly the flag.
What do you stand to gain?
- Scale with a rapidly growing startup, with tons of opportunity for growth
- Contribute to our mission and work at our dynamic and fast-paced team. .
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Free SafeBoda transport
- Free lunch
Your application has been successfully submitted.