This job is no longer accepting applications.
KIFTA Technologies is an integrated defence technology company, founded in 2018, with a mission to be a critical lever in the crucial efforts by African countries to indigenize their capacity to meet their defence needs as they tackle ongoing developmental and security imperatives in the 21st Century.
KIFTA is a military and defence technology innovator, manufacturer and solutions provider. It has, however, through a rigorous product innovation process as well as sizeable research and development investments, developed a spectrum of tested and ready-to-market product prototypes, which cut across a wide range of military, civilian, public and private sector needs.
Successful commercialization of their advanced technologies has enabled them to achieve leading positions in IoT and digitization for both military and civilian applications.
About the role
Kifta is looking to hire a Finance Manager who will oversee the daily financial activities of their organisation. You will provide detailed financial reports and make recommendations that will help the management make informed decisions. You will also be required to manage investment activities, and create strategies and plans for the long-term financial goals of their organization. Hence, you should be detail-oriented, knowledgeable on statistics, have strong problem-solving skills, and have an investigative nature.
What do you need to be considered successful?
To be successful in this role, you must be able to interpret financial information and give meaningful insights. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company (payroll, invoicing, and other transactions)
- Prepare monthly and quarterly management reporting
- Participate in strategic data analysis, research, and financial modelling
- Manage the company's financial accounting, monitoring, and reporting systems
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies and regulatory requirements
- Develop and implement plans for budgeting and forecasting
- Manage and monitor metrics, KPI tracking, and reports
- Evaluate the financial performance of the organization and measure returns on investments
- Understand and calculate the risks involved in the financial activities of the organization
How important are you to the bottom line?
You will be responsible for the overall financial health of Kifta, producing financial reports and developing strategies based on financial research. While also guiding senior executives in making sound business decisions in the long and short term.
The biggest problem-solving duties on the Job
Kifta is a technology-driven organization, therefore you need to stay up to date with technological advancements and accounting software to be used for financial purposes.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- MSC in Economics or Finance or other related fields
- Have a sound experience in Investment Banking
- Superior financial modelling skills
- Experience working in a similar role
- Ability to analyze large quantities of complex data and turn them into actionable information
- Ability to work and effectively communicate with senior-level business partners
- Excellent business judgment, analytical, and decision-making skills
- Knowledge of financial reporting and data mining tools such as SQL, Access, etc
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal. Technical writing is a big plus
- Possess organizational, planning, research, analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
What do you stand to gain?
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Stock Option Plan
Your application has been successfully submitted.