This job is no longer accepting applications.
KIFTA Technologies is an integrated defence technology company, founded in 2018, with a mission to be a critical lever in the crucial efforts by African countries to indigenize their capacity to meet their defence needs as they tackle ongoing developmental and security imperatives in the 21st Century.
KIFTA is a military and defence technology innovator, manufacturer and solutions provider. It has, however, through a rigorous product innovation process as well as sizeable research and development investments, developed a spectrum of tested and ready-to-market product prototypes, which cut across a wide range of military, civilian, public and private sector needs.
Successful commercialization of their advanced technologies has enabled them to achieve leading positions in IoT and digitization for both military and civilian applications.
About the role
They are looking to hire an Aerodynamics Engineer who will design, build, and test prototype experimental aircraft in a fast-paced research and development environment, and with significant vertical responsibility. The work will span preliminary design, part and assembly design, system design, manufacturing support, and flight test engineering support. Full-scale CFD analysis and wind tunnel testing will also be required. Full-scale CFD analysis and wind tunnel testing will also be required.
What do you need to be considered successful?
To be successful in this role, you should be able to devote your professional energy to it. You will be responsible for the following:
- Analyze thermodynamic effects on various designs
- Confer with the customer regarding performance problems during the life of the product
- Prepare reports on the results of analysis, such as flight performance validation
- Prepare air load data on the vehicle to conform to aerodynamic requirements
- Establish computational methods and computer input data for problem analysis
- Plan and conduct analysis of aerodynamic and related concepts, systems and designs
- Determine suitability of applying certain aerodynamic concepts, systems and designs to specific products
How important are you to the bottom line?
As an Aerodynamicist, you will conduct basic and applied research to evaluate the adaptability of materials and equipment to the design and manufacture of aircraft.
The biggest problem-solving duties on the Job
Typically, your work includes the design of a BWB aircraft with full aerodynamic analysis of the vehicle as a whole, including control surfaces, thrust lines, trim, stability and control.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- Expert knowledge of fluid dynamics
- Experience with at least one viscous CFD code ( OVERFLOW, FUN3D, or CFD++ )
- Ability to use CFD code for grid generation, execution, post-processing and analysis of results
- Wind tunnel experience
- Strong problem solving, organizational, and communication skills
- A minimum of three years of directly related work experience
- Bachelor of Science in Aerospace or Mechanical engineering
- Understanding of Stability Control and Performance hand calculations
- Experience with flight testing and flight test plans
- Understanding of aircraft certification and FAR Part 23 regulations
- Experience with drafting certification documentation
- 4 or more years of experience in a directly related role
- Masters or PhD in Aerospace Engineering
- C/C++ and Matlab programming experience
- Experience in programming an in-house performance tool
- Unigraphics/NX, Solidworks or CATIA lofting experience
- Have been through an entire aircraft program
- Competitive market analysis
- Lifting surface sizing
- Comfort with Hoerner and other classical methods
What do you stand to gain?
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Stock Option Plan
Your application has been successfully submitted.