Omnibiz Africa is a unified FMCG trade platform that eliminates the inefficiencies of traditional trade by digitizing the key stakeholders. They bring together neighbourhood retailers, distributors, 3rd party logistics partners and FMCG manufacturers onto a single platform. Omnibiz ensures retailers get better ROI and distributors/manufacturers grow volume and reach through a wider distribution network.
Over 52,000 businesses across the FMCG industry have trusted Omnibiz to provide them with the services and necessary tools to overcome contemporary challenges in the marketplace.
About the role
They are looking to hire a Product Designer who will focus on delivering high-quality user experiences driven by customer behavioural insights. You will make deliberate design decisions and translate any given user-experience journey into a smooth and intuitive interaction. If you are passionate about innovating and implementing change within a fast-growing startup, they’d like to meet you.
What do you need to be considered successful?
As a product designer at Omnibiz, you will be responsible for the design and development of their products. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Create design concepts and drawings to determine the best user journey
- Present product ideas to relevant team members for brainstorming
- Collaborate with the product team by suggesting improvements to design and performance
- Employ design concepts into functional prototypes
- Follow design trends and implement when and where needed.
- Coordinate with other designers to ensure accurate communication and efficiency in the design phase
- Improve/Modify existing product designs and analyse working concepts launched by competitors of similar products to match quality and performance for customer engagement
- Base your design decisions on data and relevant studies
- Gather feedback from the team involved to validate your ideas and deliver high-quality solutions
- Illustration knowledge for the UI to delight their customers
How Important are you to the bottom line?
You will be responsible for delivering the best user experience, which makes your role extremely important for their success and ensuring customer satisfaction and retention.
The biggest problem-solving duties on the Job
You’ll create both functional and appealing features that address their clients’ needs and help grow their customer base. You will design ideas using various methods and the latest technology.
What do you need to have done In your career?
- 2+ years of relevant work experience as a product designer is preferred
- Portfolio with 3 to 5 projects that demonstrate your process and skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent eye for aesthetic design and customer appeal
- Good understanding of colour science and combinations
- Artistic and innovative flair
- Excellent attention to detail
- Meticulous and diligent
- Strong knowledge of the industry and market trends
- Proficiency in design and prototyping tools such as Sketch and Figma
- Strong typography, layout, and visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Working knowledge of the ideation and creation of UI design deliverables: Sitemaps, user flows, wireframes, lo-fi and hi-fi layouts, prototypes.
- Effective time management and ability to prioritize tasks.
- You have an interest in user experience work and follow its process
- Gamification experience
- Design System experience
- Illustration skills
What do you stand to gain?
- A nearly unlimited room for career growth with support along the way
- The exciting opportunity to be part of building something extraordinary
- Competitive Salary
Your application has been successfully submitted.