This job is no longer accepting applications.
Omnibiz Africa is a unified FMCG trade platform that eliminates the inefficiencies of traditional trade by digitizing the key stakeholders. They bring together neighbourhood retailers, distributors, 3rd party logistics partners and FMCG manufacturers onto a single platform. Omnibiz ensures retailers get better ROI and distributors/manufacturers grow volume and reach through a wider distribution network.
Over 52,000 businesses across the FMCG industry have trusted Omnibiz to provide them with the services and necessary tools to overcome contemporary challenges in the marketplace.
About the role
They are looking to hire a Product Manager who has a growth mindset, think big, and relish the opportunity to grow in a fast-paced and demanding environment. The Supply team is responsible for building and optimizing the capabilities that drive their expanding Supply/Fulfillment/Warehousing and Logistics arm of the business. They have just recently:
- Redefined their order processing and routing technology
- Developed a highly scalable routing mechanism
- Launched a decentralized distribution system
- Scaled their capacity through unprecedented demand
What do you need to be considered successful?
You will be required to maintain good customer and market knowledge. You will be responsible for the following:
- Manage the digital products that will drive stability and enhance their supply capabilities as their organization grows. The ideal candidate will be integral to driving the performance of OTIF (On Time & In Full) and Logistics KPIs.
- Work cross-functionally & closely with our operations, supply, distribution, logistics, partners and leadership teams to unlock huge value in our supply chain.
- Work in an agile environment where you will collaborate with a squad of the highly skilled tech teams to ideate, prototype, iterate and ensure a deep understanding and prioritising of customer needs, business efficiencies and commercial outcomes.
- Act as a Product Owner, maintaining the product backlog, create feature descriptions to guide Engineering & Data, alongside facilitating refinement and planning sessions.
- Advocate for our supply team, understand the problems faced and proffer solutions where necessary.
- Ensure post-launch communications are targeted to the right end-users and contain key messages which are easily understood.
How Important are you to the bottom-line?
As a Product Manager for Supply, you will have a key role in discovering, refining, and developing opportunities for new digital products and experiences to support their growing business.
The biggest problem-solving duties on the Job
Within your first six months at Omnibiz, you will:
- Deliver against several tactical warehousing improvement capabilities to ensure they are maximizing the effectiveness of the warehouse processes.
- Shape, discover and frame the future of the supply domain as they expand to other cities over 2021
What do you need to have done In your career?
- Understand how to bring value to customers, using a sharp commercial mind to drive performance
- Excellent at communication, bringing together people with diverse experiences, opinions and opportunities to get things done, build deep relationships based on trust and respect.
- Ability to inspire and empower your team to achieve the business vision and goals and support key projects.
- Must have a coaching mindset, sharing your learnings with others to help them improve.
- Intensely analytical - you rely on quantitative data to make decisions, you use data to discover opportunities, identify issues and drive performance.
- Must be a team player who is excited about delivering outcomes through the team
What do you stand to gain?
- A nearly unlimited room for career growth with support along the way
- The exciting opportunity to be part of building something extraordinary
- Competitive Salary
Your application has been successfully submitted.