Omnibiz Africa is a unified FMCG trade platform that eliminates the inefficiencies of traditional trade by digitizing the key stakeholders. They bring together neighbourhood retailers, distributors, 3rd party logistics partners and FMCG manufacturers onto a single platform. Omnibiz ensures retailers get better ROI and distributors/manufacturers grow volume and reach through a wider distribution network.
Over 52,000 businesses across the FMCG industry have trusted Omnibiz to provide them with the services and necessary tools to overcome contemporary challenges in the marketplace.
About the role
They are looking to hire a Category Manager who will manage the marketing and merchandise displays for specific categories of products. You will develop everything for their product category along with marketing/informational materials and retail displays.
What do you need to be considered successful?
You will also analyze sales data, meet with suppliers/retailers, and review planograms. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Ensure company product categories along with displays are optimized for sales and marketing.
- Research and analyze trends in sales and consumer behaviour.
- Draft reports for the organization to enhance sales.
- Produce, adapt, and advise on display and current marketing materials as needed.
- Plan and implement planograms for shelf displays.
- Communicate with suppliers and retailers about products.
- Optimize in-store displays with prompted signage, category markers, and category usage tips.
- Adjust strategies and materials to improve sales with new target markets.
- Coordinate and brief market research initiatives.
- Check and manage inventory for various product categories.
How Important are you to the bottom-line?
As a Category Manager, you will work closely with the sales team to determine optimal pricing through analysis of sales trends, competitors, buying habits and planograms of products to promote sales opportunities.
The biggest problem-solving duties on the Job
To ensure success as a category manager, you should be able to pinpoint customer/shopper trends and understand the advanced principles of category management.
What do you need to have done In your career?
- HND/BSC in marketing, business, or supply chain management.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in retail and marketing.
- Proficiency in supplier management software.
- An excellent grasp of spatial, design, and promotional planning.
- Up to date with the latest category management principles.
- Proficient at evaluating current business retail practices.
- Ability to write well and generate reports on market activity.
- Possess great negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to think from a consumer perspective and understand buying behaviour.
- Analytical, creative, and goal-driven thinking.
What do you stand to gain?
- A nearly unlimited room for career growth with support along the way
- The exciting opportunity to be part of building something extraordinary
- Competitive Salary
Your application has been successfully submitted.